IMC Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

After I applied online, I received emails asking me to take two online assessments. The first one is a online simple graphic and logic test where you extract info from tables and graphs or do some logic inference. The second one is a video interview, several general behavioral questions and two probability questions were asked. The probability questions are relatively simple but you need to figure things out in a relatively short amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and some probability questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

An assessment and then a recorded video interview conducted virtually and now I need to get to 30 words. Fortunately, I am almost there twenty-five twenty-six, and I am there!

Graduate Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

Applied online through glassdoor, received an email to complete an aptitude test (like an IQ test but given only 3 min for every 4 questions). Thought I did well, but wasn't given any results and was rejected 1 minute later. The first part of the test didn't have anything to do with the job applied for and actually felt more for an financial job opening, as you look at graphs and complete some basic algebra. The second part was just a diagrammatic test that was very easy in the beginning but actually hard at the end due to a 3 min time constraint. Interesting but I don't feel like that should be the test for the job.

Interview Questions

• Example question and may not be on test.
      What percentage of employees contributed to revenue.
      (given pie chart and some other info)   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied for this position online. I then got a link to give the coding test. They generally 3 programming questions. I can choose any programming language to solve them. I can even solve all three questions with three different programming language.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember every question but one question was related to the elevator problem,   1 Answer

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

A four step process where the first three need to be done within 48 hours of each other, assuming you move forward from the previous one: Coding Challenge, Logic and Data Tests, Recorded Interview, On-site (Behavioral and Technical)

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Flew to Chicago for on-site interview. Everyone was very nice and respectful throughout the whole process. Technical questions weren't very difficult, mostly what you learn in school. Company headquarters is extremely well-presented.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked about what I do and what classes I have taken before. Was pretty casual, the guy was a software developer (~5 years epxerience). We went into depth about everything on my resume before talking about the one question which he had. The question might seem easy, but to get it optimized requires a lot of thought and not rushing it.

Interview Questions

• From a binary tree, return all nodes which are visible (value greater than that of all its ancestors.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

We were given a number of different tasks from Algorithms to actual coding round during the interview. They really want you to relax and succeed. There are a lot of smart java devs at the company and there is a lot that can be learned at the firm.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

Started off with an online assessment of 3 coding questions. I was then invited to move on to a online interview where I never heard back. The online interview was pretty strange. There was a question presented on the screen and you just had to record your answer. I thought it was pretty hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

An online assessment followed by an on-campus interview. After that, there was an on-site interview. The on-site interview consists of a behavioral interview and two technical interviews. One of the technical interview is algorithm interview while the other one is coding interview using Java.