IMC Trading Junior Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Junior Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website with a resume and a cover letter. After a short phone interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview. At the in person interview, there was a mix of background/experience related questions and technical mathematical questions, progressing until I was no longer able to answer them. After this there were a few more background related questions and I was told to expect a response within a week or so.

Interview Questions

• For me the most difficult question was answering why I wanted to work in finance.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and was quickly set up with a first round, in person interview. It was a technical interview consisting of a few questions about my resume and why I want to be a trader. Technical questions consisted of analyzing a matlab function and two basic questions about options trading.

Interview Questions

• Analyzing the matlab function, even though I stated that I had never used matlab before.   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Interview

a lot of nice people who seemed to enjoy the process. 3 different types of interviews, logic/trading/personal. One trading simulation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a couple of phone interviews before being invited on-site. The superday consisted of several rounds. Had to price a future and then trade on it, an algo round where they asked me to solve some problems recursively, some stats and prob round, reconstruct a order book and talk with HR

Interview Questions

• 1) 52 cards draw one at at time, you get +1 for black -1 for red, find the EV.
      2) You have 100 noodles and you grab the end of two noodles randomly and connect them together, find the EV of the number of loops
      3) Why trading / tell me about a time ..............
      4) Figure out the formula for a future from scratch, price something using it, make a market on it and trade on it.   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

I applied on their website for a position of Trading intern. I haven't had a response for several weeks and then the week after the deadline to apply I was asked to complete online tests. The tests were the following: Programmer/Analyst Aptitude Test and Inductive Reasoning + Numerical Test. You have to have a lot of time on hands to complete it. After completion of these, I was contacted for an interview in person. No tricky questions there.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we are doing at IMC? What your team mates would say of you?   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Interview

I was asked to proceed to an online interview. The online interview consisted of 3 parts. The first one was an inductive reasoning test. The second one a numerical test. The third was a programming's ability test.

Interview Questions

• The numerical test is difficult to finish within the given time.   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2011.

Interview

Submitted an application form and CV for the role in HK office.
    First round interview is a quick 10 min short board interview with 5 people, basically quick math. Also capabilities test on computer.
    Second round interview is about 25 min, with the trader head. More behavioral questions, questions about resume. Also a written test on mental math calculation, such as 14.7 * 3.1
    about 50 questions like this. Time is rush.
    Final round is a general interview, a technical interview, a broker simulation, and a board case study.

Interview Questions

• The mental calculation may be hard for some people. It needs practice and you gotta find the tricks for yourself. The board study and presentation is hard for me.   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2014.

Interview

Online application starts with resume screening followed by invitation to two online aptitude test. Upon successful completion there is a phone interview focussed on motivation, skills, etc. First round technical interview with doable tasks. Then, online personality assessment and second round interview with traders, quants, HR. Tricky questions, but doable with preparation.

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by a panel in London, at a fancy hotel. Interesting questions from probabilities and a bit of programming. Got invited to a final interview in Amsterdam, the company is exceptional and it was a great overall experience. Employees are really smart and sharp.

Interview Questions

• Don't want to disclose, study hard and it should be fine.   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Process started with a phone interview going over basic maths questions. Second round was face to face interview with probability questions and analysing 30 lines of python. Final round was 4 interviews in their head office. Two interviews were technical, one was cultural and one was HR