IMC Trading Performance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Performance Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter, 45 minute phone screen with Head of Performance, then 2.5 hour online coding test at codility.com, then first on-site interview: 2 people at a time, 3 rounds of interviews, 30-45 minutes each. My experience was in C so then they asked me to come back for a Python on-site coding test. Then after that with 2 more interviews with another manager and HR, and lastly one with the CTO.

They did a fairly good job in the process. I'm just disappointed I didn't get an offer. :)

Interview Questions

• Standard software and networking questions. And also for second interview, on-site parse text data in Python to find average trading processing times.
    Had 1.5 hours to do it, left in an office with an internet connection.   Answer Question
  • Give a 5 minute presentation on any topic to us pretending to be a 3rd grade audience. It is timed and then after will write down what was communicated and what was trying to be communicated and compare them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IMC Trading in March 2019.

Interview

There was an onsite interview that lasted an hour with the team manager and another engineer. The interview went well and I answered most Networking questions and I was honest about what I knew, but they expected a candidate with strong Python skills, which I didn't have (and which I was open about from the start - from the moment, the recruiter contacted me). They mentioned that as the only reason while rejecting. I felt that if they really didn't want a candidate without a Python knowledge (I had not even mentioned Python on my resume, so I was very clear from my end), they needn't have called to meet me in the first place.
    I felt this was not such a good experience.

Interview Questions