IMC Trading Quantitative Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Quantitative Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

3.2

Quantitative Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

The first step involves an online "programming aptitude test". These questions are quite silly to be honest and one can only wonder what they indicate about your quantitative/programming skills. I did not make it past this stage. I would recommend thinking about shape type questions and obviously the standard logic questions also appeared.

Interview Questions

• If I rotate this shape 180 degrees clockwise, flip it, then rotate 90 degree counterclockwise, what does the shape look like?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Quantitative Trader Interview

Interview

Math and IQ test followed by hirevue
    Hirevue has probability and technical questions but they don't let you know that it is technical beforehand (not proper industry etiquette)
    Superday after the hirevue
    They definitely changed up the questions from years before, probably because all of their previous intern classes knew the questions beforehand

Interview Questions

• Basic pattern matching, basic math   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I went through a series of chart reading and calculation, also graph deduction online. The online test was not worth preparing for a long time... it's just mental math. Easy in the beginning but very hard later.
    Two days later I got email from HR to set up for a 30 min Skype behavior interview. Basically 10+ min behavioural questions, 10+ min options payoff diagram questions ( asked you to draw and explain) and you asked questions in the end. I did not make it through.
    Was told there would be another 30 min Skype interview with a trader before you can be invited on site.
    The HR was very cold and distant, with her 90 degree off her. So we barely had any eye contact. Also she was always working on the keyboard, cannot tell if she was noting or just working on other things.

Interview Questions

• Draw payoff diagram of call and put option and explain.
      What is the advantage of call option?
      When do people want to buy a stock instead of option?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Online IQ-style test. Mostly standard arithmetic and pattern recognition with a few unexpected questions related to reading comprehension and attention to detail.
    On-campus interview with recruiter. Fit questions with some questions on finance at the end.
    On-site super day with 20+ other applicants. 4 rounds of interviews. Pretty big jump in difficulty in technical questions between the on-campus and on-site. Definitely study up on the stuff that you're told to study for. Also, larger-than-expected behavioral component, which caught me off-guard a little.
    Very good experience overall. The process was fast and well-coordinated. Interviewees were well-fed. Interesting mix of interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Options/future pricing. Would recommend reading a textbook book on derivatives pricing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Online reasoning test (think LSAT style logic questions). Some mental math as well. Passed the online test and then had a skype interview with someone in HR. Interview was mostly fit focused with a few questions about options theory at the end; nothing too difficult. Was told during interview that I would be invited out to the Superday, which I had about a week and a half later. Superday was about 3-4 hours, with one behavioral interview, and a few technical interviews that focused on both pure math and probability as well as options and futures theory. Interviews were a lot more focused on financial concepts and fit then other trading firms I interviewed at, although there was still a decent portion that focused on pure quantitative skills.