IMC Trading Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked about what I do and what classes I have taken before. Was pretty casual, the guy was a software developer (~5 years epxerience). We went into depth about everything on my resume before talking about the one question which he had. The question might seem easy, but to get it optimized requires a lot of thought and not rushing it.

Interview Questions

• From a binary tree, return all nodes which are visible (value greater than that of all its ancestors.)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

We were given a number of different tasks from Algorithms to actual coding round during the interview. They really want you to relax and succeed. There are a lot of smart java devs at the company and there is a lot that can be learned at the firm.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

Started off with an online assessment of 3 coding questions. I was then invited to move on to a online interview where I never heard back. The online interview was pretty strange. There was a question presented on the screen and you just had to record your answer. I thought it was pretty hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

An online assessment followed by an on-campus interview. After that, there was an on-site interview. The on-site interview consists of a behavioral interview and two technical interviews. One of the technical interview is algorithm interview while the other one is coding interview using Java.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First they provides one round of logical reasoning test. After that, you will be asked to do a coding skill test on Codility. I feel the reasoning test is a little time compressing. While the coding test is not that bad.

Interview Questions

• 1. valid password 2. elevator; Those two are just string or array traversal. 3 number of countries. This one could be tackled by dfs   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Receive an OA first, which focus on logical reasoning. It's 24 mins with 8 sessions. The 7 and 8 sessions are kind of hard, rushed. After pass it, I received second OA and which is 2 hours and 15 mins long with three coding problems.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Invited to take online coding test (three questions). First question is to tell if you can actually code (eg compute nth Fibonacci number). Subsequent questions were a bit harder but manageable, emphasizing minimizing space and time complexity.

Interview Questions

• In a 2D array of integers, adjacent (vertically or horizontally) positions in the array are considered part of the same "country" if they contain the same integer. Given a 2D array of integers, compute the number of distinct countries in the array.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

Awful interview process. Had an in-person interview with a software engineer. The interviewer was incredibly rude and condescending, spent most of his time talking about himself. Took a phone call in the middle of the interview. Interviewer said they would follow up with details about the process, and I never received a follow-up. Do not apply here.

Interview Questions

• Didn't get asked any. Engineer just talked about his work.   Answer Question

IMC Trading Response

Dec 2, 2016 – Head of HR

We are sorry to hear about your interview and continually strive to make sure every candidate has a positive experience. We would encourage you to reach back out to the recruiter you worked with

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was asked to do a fairly short coding assessment. Once I had completed it, I meant a lead developer and the HR representative I had been communicating with for an in-person interview. They were both very friendly but I didn't have the experience necessary for the position.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online and got through the interview screening. The second round was 2-hour codility test consisting of 3 questions. The questions are not typically hard, but you need to consider some special cases e.g boundary cases. And subsequently there was a verbal test (tests critical thinking but not yes/no/cannot say type )and psychometric test(find the pattern). Then the onsite interview was a 35min coding test. You were to implement some behaviours a character in a game. Not hard but nervous so didn't get right.

Interview Questions

• People are waiting for a elevator in a hotel. A elevator has limited capacity and Hotel has floor 0 to M. Elevator has a limit of X ppl and weight of Y. There are N ppl standing at ground floor in a queue. So there are two arrays A[N] B[N]. A is weight of each person and B is the floor the person wants to go. The elector goes up and stops at each selected level and comes Back to the ground floor. Write a solution of how many times the elevator will stop.   Answer Question