IMC Trading Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in April 2012.

Interview

Overall a good experience. I had an on campus interview, a skills test, and then an onsite interview. The on site interview consisted of three sperate interviews, programming style, algorithms, and hr. The primary language used at the company is java. The interview is done in either java or c++.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer in the same field

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had four step interview. Process was long, but I really enjoyed it. It was an interview for Java position.

First step was an hour Skype interview with one guy where I was asked about my background and some basic technical questions like how does HashMap works or describe Collection types in Java.

Second step were 3 applications that you need to write at home. Cannot say exactly what needs to be done, but they check how you go with threads, design and algorithms.

Third step was another technical interview where we have talked about provided solutions from second step and more questions about Java and programming.

Fourth, the last step, was on-site interview in their office in Amsterdam. Interview took around 4 hours and had 4 steps - coding, solving algorithms, technical discussion and HR interview. I am from Poland, so they provided me flight and accomodation.

After each step you got a feedback if they want to go further with the interview. No wasting time for both sides.

Unfortunately I didn't get the offer, but it was great adventure. Definitely I will come back there with more experience and knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Multiple stages, first is a 3 hours coding test of 3 questions. Then aptitude/numeric test + personality test, followed by video interview and then an on-site interview consisting of a coding station (laptop) and problem solving station (white board). If you pass this you get invited to a super day that is similar to the first on-site, if you make it through the superday you get an offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

5 rounds - first an online aptitude test, then a short motivation interview with HR (why them, why tech etc),
    online coding test on codility for algorithms, and also a coding test to send to them based around basic OOP concepts,
    Skype interview with engineers to discuss your submissions
    Onsite day - 3 interviews, one navigating a large Java project and working out what's going on, one pseudocode algorithms, and one culture fit interview with a manager including a short trading game

Interview Questions

• Make me a market on the number of Windows in the building   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate as internship. Friendly HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Applied online and got through the interview screening. The second round was 2-hour codility test consisting of 3 questions. The questions are not typically hard, but you need to consider some special cases e.g boundary cases. And subsequently there was a verbal test (tests critical thinking but not yes/no/cannot say type )and psychometric test(find the pattern). Then the onsite interview was a 35min coding test. You were to implement some behaviours a character in a game. Not hard but nervous so didn't get right.

Interview Questions

• People are waiting for a elevator in a hotel. A elevator has limited capacity and Hotel has floor 0 to M. Elevator has a limit of X ppl and weight of Y. There are N ppl standing at ground floor in a queue. So there are two arrays A[N] B[N]. A is weight of each person and B is the floor the person wants to go. The elector goes up and stops at each selected level and comes Back to the ground floor. Write a solution of how many times the elevator will stop.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Quite a long process, 2 hour coding challenge, personality/aptitude online test, online video questionnaire, 2 half days at office for interviews, whiteboard and coding challenges. Overall the process was challenging but interesting. The IMC office is Sydney is also very nice.

Interview Questions

• What would you add or change to your favourite programming language?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

Applied for internship. Emailed a link to an online coding test with three questions, given around 2 hours, not too hard. Followed by a video interview online, with 5 questions, given between 10-30 seconds to prepare for each question, and then 1-2 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you look for in an employer.   2 Answers