IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

1. Technical phone screening with a software engineer. Lasts about 1 hour.
2. Online Saville tests (reading comprehension, basic mathematics, logic, behavioral questions)
3. On-site interview (technical part as well as an "HR part"). Lasts about half a day

Interview Questions

• - Typical behavioral questions.
    - BigO complexity
    - Functioning of some data structures (hash maps, trees, lists)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted after a job fair and was sent two screening problems via email. Next was a Skype interview and than a final interview at their offices in Chicago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Met them at a school fair, gave them my resume and they contacted me for an online assessment (through codility). I did quite poorly on that though, as I was at the very beginning of the interview process and I hadn't had time to even review dynamic programming (and for some reason many of the questions were that). I guess, look at project Euler, one of the questions was from there (something with pieces of food that you have to collect, which I didn't have time to even think about). I also felt that there wasn't enough time for the online test, but I believe it was just me being underprepared.

I also had an on campus interview (which I thought went really well) where I talked about hash maps and then DFS/BFS in a BST.

Overall, easy enough to go to the on-site, but I wasn't able to...

Interview Questions

• So there was one question which was solved with a stack that I don't actually remember (calculate the time), one BST, one linked list that had loops and was represented as an array, and the collect rice from a chessboard problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading in September 2017.

Interview

After applying on line, first I received a logistic online assessment. The assessment had 8 sessions and each session was limited to 3 minutes with 3 questions. The question was to find the pattern given some formula of graphs. After the logistic assessment, you will receive a coding assessment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

*applied to this company through campus career fair. got shortlisted and was given an aptitude test.
    * Aptitude test consists of logical reasoning questions
    * had a codility test after this

Interview Questions

• 1. Find the longest possible valid password in a given string
      2. Find the total number of stops an elevator takes to serve X people
      3. Find the number of unique countries in a 2D matrix   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Trading in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through school. I received online link and took a basic mathmatics, finding patterns test. Then, they sent me a link to codility test, which is consisted of three problems for 2 hours. The recruiters were kind. They just take resumes, and send you online tests and cut out applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received the online assessment immediately. The first assessment was a logic test and soon follow up on that, I received the second assessment, which was a coding challenge consisting of three questions: valid password, elevator problem and number of islands. Several days after I finished the challenge, I got rejected. I think they give everyone the assessments and only starts to review the candidates' resumes after they submitted the assessments.

Interview Questions

• Valid password, elevator problem and number of islands.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

SAVE YOUR TIME, AND DO NOT APPLY HERE: 1) I don't think they are hiring, but they just gave out assessments to whoever is applying and reject them. Just like other reviews on Glassdoor, I applied via campus job board, finished 2 tests they sent to me and got rejected the week after. My friends experienced the same thing. It was either they review your resume only after you finishing tests or they are not doing campus hiring at all. They showed no respect to those applying via campus. Just consider the amount of time and effort people spent on their tests. 2) I just read some reviews on Glassdoor. I found that they even did not change their problems since last year. This confirms my doubt that they are not hiring but just sent out their test to whoever applies.

Interview Questions

• 2 rounds of OAs. First round is about logic reasoning, and it seems to be a type of questions in IQ test. Once you passed, the second round of OA is some easy algorithm problems: 1) longest valid password, elevator problem and the number of countries mentioned by other interviewees here.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in January 2017.

Interview

The first round was a 24 mins logical reasoning question, there were 8 sessions and each session has 4 questions with 3mins. After finished that I received the second round, which is a codility assessment test online. There are three problems.

Interview Questions

• 1. longest substring.
      2. elevator test.
      3. how many countries in a matrix   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

The interview process is extremely unprofessional and time wasting, the process combines two online assessment and a video recording assessment and you never hear back from them unless you follow up consistently after each step. I ended up getting no respond from them after the video interview and no matter how I follow up they did not respond with a single word. Considering the time I've spent on previous assessments and video recording, I think they should at least have some respect to the candidates.

Do not apply here

Interview Questions

• coding challenge + IQ test + recording video answering technical and behavior questions, none of them contains any interaction with their engineers or recruiters.   Answer Question