IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Met them at a school fair, gave them my resume and they contacted me for an online assessment (through codility). I did quite poorly on that though, as I was at the very beginning of the interview process and I hadn't had time to even review dynamic programming (and for some reason many of the questions were that). I guess, look at project Euler, one of the questions was from there (something with pieces of food that you have to collect, which I didn't have time to even think about). I also felt that there wasn't enough time for the online test, but I believe it was just me being underprepared.

I also had an on campus interview (which I thought went really well) where I talked about hash maps and then DFS/BFS in a BST.

Overall, easy enough to go to the on-site, but I wasn't able to...

Interview Questions

• So there was one question which was solved with a stack that I don't actually remember (calculate the time), one BST, one linked list that had loops and was represented as an array, and the collect rice from a chessboard problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Contacted after a job fair and was sent two screening problems via email. Next was a Skype interview and than a final interview at their offices in Chicago.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Disorganized, sloppy interview process. Softball questions, technically speaking, but a clear lack of interest in getting the right answer about my capabilities as candidate. They clearly have no idea what position they're trying to fill or who they're looking for, and the end result was a gargantuan waste of time. I wouldn't try this one again.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite programming language?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

1. Online coding assessment
    2. Online logical reasoning assessment
    3. Video interview OR on-campus interview should we travel to your university
    4. Final round interviews in our Chicago office

Totally a waist of time. They would review your resume after you finished the first two tests and the third one is a one-way video interview. I failed after this step.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I don't understand why HR reach out to you first for scheduling a time and after you response the time they never get back anymore? Even if the position is not available anymore I think it's always better to keep your candidate updated.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMC Trading in February 2018.

Interview

The process has taken a couple days. I applied online and received an email a couple days later inviting me to take an online coding assessment. This was very straightforward and took under an hour and a half to complete. I haven't heard back yet

Interview Questions

• Can't disclose the questions, but they were all Leet code medium or easier   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

there are three steps for the interview before on-site interview.
    1. Online assessment
    2. Logical Interview
    3. Video Interview
    The code challenge is not hard but logical and video interview is a little bit hard.

Interview Questions

• /*
           * A String is valid if contains at least one capital letter
           * and contains no digits
           * A building has floor from 0 to M
           * There is an elevator that loading people from ground floor to different floor,
           * calculate the total number of times that the elevator stops
    • /*
           * Follow up question on counting isolate islands
           * */   Answer Question
    • Logic questions are full of shapes and operations. You have to figure out what each operation means and what the final/initial state might be. 32 questions in 24 minutes. You have to really solve it quickly.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

First, I received a logic and coding test. The logic test had some hard questions near the end, but it was doable. The coding test was pretty straightforward. Next, I had a HireVue video interview where I had to record myself answering questions about several scenarios. Afterwards, I was invited to an onsite in Chicago with 3 rounds (coding, behavioral, and algorithms).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Trading in October 2017.

Interview

apply online with their official website, then got OA one day after. I think they offer OA no matter what. All of my friends who applies this company got OA.

Interview Questions

• Just some basic algorithms, I use Python to solve all of them   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Trading in September 2017.

Interview

SAVE YOUR TIME, AND DO NOT APPLY HERE: 1) I don't think they are hiring, but they just gave out assessments to whoever is applying and reject them. Just like other reviews on Glassdoor, I applied via campus job board, finished 2 tests they sent to me and got rejected the week after. My friends experienced the same thing. It was either they review your resume only after you finishing tests or they are not doing campus hiring at all. They showed no respect to those applying via campus. Just consider the amount of time and effort people spent on their tests. 2) I just read some reviews on Glassdoor. I found that they even did not change their problems since last year. This confirms my doubt that they are not hiring but just sent out their test to whoever applies.

Interview Questions

• 2 rounds of OAs. First round is about logic reasoning, and it seems to be a type of questions in IQ test. Once you passed, the second round of OA is some easy algorithm problems: 1) longest valid password, elevator problem and the number of countries mentioned by other interviewees here.   Answer Question