IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

IMC Trading Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I don't understand why HR reach out to you first for scheduling a time and after you response the time they never get back anymore? Even if the position is not available anymore I think it's always better to keep your candidate updated.

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

1. Technical phone screening with a software engineer. Lasts about 1 hour.
    2. Online Saville tests (reading comprehension, basic mathematics, logic, behavioral questions)
    3. On-site interview (technical part as well as an "HR part"). Lasts about half a day

Interview Questions

• - Typical behavioral questions.
      - BigO complexity
      - Functioning of some data structures (hash maps, trees, lists)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in September 2018.

Interview

The first part of the interview process included a 90 minute coding challenge, followed by two phone interviews depending on how well you did on the coding challenge. It is highly recommended that you get a lot of practice from Leetcode or similar platforms, before taking the coding challenge, as time is quite constrained if you consider debugging.

Interview Questions

• There was only one coding question, that primarily tested your knowledge of different aspects of data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2018.

Interview

OA, Reasoning Test, 1 on 1 campus interview. Overall was not too hard since I prepared/was currently learning the questions I was asked, but I was pretty incoherent in my explanations which is probably why I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• Given list of battleship positions and hits, find how many ships have been sunk and how many ships have been hit, but not sunk. Was not too hard
      1 on 1 campus interview was almost all technical, asked what data structure to use for a library in terms of checking out books/overdue. Asked about threads, when hash is worse than linear, sorting questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

I applied online and got OA in a week. OA does not work out well and got rejected several days after finishing it. The process is about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The question in OA is easy to understand and implement but somehow they do not give input to test cases so it's very hard to debug.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Trading in October 2018.

Interview

Relatively easy online coding test and enough time to finish, so there's no need to rush.
    However, the descriptions can be unclear. I made the wrong assumption about the input parameter data and wrote my algo based on that. MY algo did exactly what I wanted to do and was quite efficient too. But, turned out because I made a slightly off assumption, I was actually solving the problem in a wrong way.

I take this as part my oversight and the fault of how the question was worded. Seriously, you could have just explained exactly how the input parameters are structured.

Interview Questions

• Basic Algo question. Maybe Medium difficulty on Hackerrank?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Trading in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through college/ university, was given link to an online coding challenge that had 3 pretty basic questions. Was allowed to pick any language to code in. Didn't have any contact with recruiter after that.

Interview Questions

• Elevator problem: given an array of people, their floors, their weights, elevator's max capacity, how many stops does elevator make.   Answer Question

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I actually don’t remember applying to this company. I tried looking up over my past emails ( I never delete my emails ) and I couldn’t find a confirmation email from imc. So I assumed that it was a cold “automatic” email.

The email was an invitation for a IQ test. This was the first red flag. IQ has no correlation to my software skill. The test involved just shapes and patterns. I guessed near the end because it was a waste of my time.

Surprisingly, I went onto the next round. This one was a codablitiy test. Of the three questions asked were the exact same questions as the ones listed on the older reviews. I’m pretty sure that I got all three questions correct. I double checked after the interview was over. The very next day, I receive a rejection email.

ALL EMAILS seems to be automated. The rejection email was labeled as spam for me.

Tips for IMC: please care for your candidates. Talk about wtf the internship will consist of and actual have a real human sending out these outreach emails. Please don’t waste our time.

Tips for you: Don’t bother with this company if you’re looking for an internship. Utilize your saved time in applying to other companies.

Interview Questions

• Words
      Elevator
      Something else... forgot.

They weren’t hard at all. You can pick a language too   Answer Question

IMC Trading Response

Nov 7, 2017 – HR

We’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience during your interview process. Based on the high volume of applicants we receive we’re forced to send automated emails as a part of our process in... More

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (New York, NY).

Interview

Basically the just give every person who applied a code test and iq test video interview. After that the began reviewing cv. What is annoying is that all email seens automatically and the I didnt have any reply after video interview. they should at least inform applicant they are rejected.
    Don't apply here, just waste of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

You will get the OA a day after you apply, which means the recruiter probably won't go over your resume after you finished the OA. The OA is a battleship question that you have 90 minutes to finish.