IMC Trading Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Software Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Disorganized, sloppy interview process. Softball questions, technically speaking, but a clear lack of interest in getting the right answer about my capabilities as candidate. They clearly have no idea what position they're trying to fill or who they're looking for, and the end result was a gargantuan waste of time. I wouldn't try this one again.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite programming language?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted an application on campus. Was sent an email with a 2 and a half hour coding test on Codility. Did not finish all the questions and haven't heard back so assuming I did not make it to the next round. Questions could be solved in any language. Were difficult but reasonable.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I don't understand why HR reach out to you first for scheduling a time and after you response the time they never get back anymore? Even if the position is not available anymore I think it's always better to keep your candidate updated.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

1. Online coding assessment
    2. Online logical reasoning assessment
    3. Video interview OR on-campus interview should we travel to your university
    4. Final round interviews in our Chicago office

Totally a waist of time. They would review your resume after you finished the first two tests and the third one is a one-way video interview. I failed after this step.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMC Trading in February 2018.

Interview

The process has taken a couple days. I applied online and received an email a couple days later inviting me to take an online coding assessment. This was very straightforward and took under an hour and a half to complete. I haven't heard back yet

Interview Questions

• Can't disclose the questions, but they were all Leet code medium or easier   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

there are three steps for the interview before on-site interview.
    1. Online assessment
    2. Logical Interview
    3. Video Interview
    The code challenge is not hard but logical and video interview is a little bit hard.

Interview Questions

• /*
           * A String is valid if contains at least one capital letter
           * and contains no digits
           * A building has floor from 0 to M
           * There is an elevator that loading people from ground floor to different floor,
           * calculate the total number of times that the elevator stops
    • /*
           * Follow up question on counting isolate islands
           * */   Answer Question
    • Logic questions are full of shapes and operations. You have to figure out what each operation means and what the final/initial state might be. 32 questions in 24 minutes. You have to really solve it quickly.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in October 2017.

Interview

Very organized onsite interview process. There will email ahead to inform you what sessions will you expect during the interviews. My interview timeline is: apply on University's career fair -> online logic questions -> coding challenge -> on-campus interview -> onsite interview. The onsite interview consists of 1 Algo/DS session, 1 Coding on computer session, and 1 bq session. Questions asked in technical sessions are not hard but interesting, with some follow-ups. Need to be very familiar with Algo/DS to solve them. Interview developers are all very nice. Overall it's a positive experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IMC Trading in October 2017.

Interview

apply online with their official website, then got OA one day after. I think they offer OA no matter what. All of my friends who applies this company got OA.

Interview Questions

• Just some basic algorithms, I use Python to solve all of them   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

First, I received a logic and coding test. The logic test had some hard questions near the end, but it was doable. The coding test was pretty straightforward. Next, I had a HireVue video interview where I had to record myself answering questions about several scenarios. Afterwards, I was invited to an onsite in Chicago with 3 rounds (coding, behavioral, and algorithms).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IMC Trading in August 2018.

Interview

Online screening:
    - IQ test
    - Personality test
    - Hackerrank like problem

Home assignment:
    - Exercises that are not hard algorithmically but require you to think about software design
    - 1 phone interview to discuss your assignment

Onsite interview:
    - 1hour to discuss a software problem focused on time and memory complexities
    - 1hour to implement the solution on a computer
    - 1hour to discuss technical projects you worked on before
    - 1hour of cultural fit interview

They paid the flights, the hotel and I had lunch in their very nice cafeteria

The onsite technical interviews were challenging and I really enjoyed them

Interview Questions

See What IMC Trading Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Software Developer Intern in Chicago, IL

Pros: “Free catered lunch, extremely smart coworkers, happy hour every Friday, good hours, fun events every week, very nice free corporate housing. I loved the collaborative culture at IMC and...”“Free catered lunch, extremely smart coworkers, happy hour every Friday, good hours, fun events every week, very nice free corporate housing. I loved the collaborative culture at IMC and learned a lot at the fast paced environment. Everyone was very friendly and I learned a lot, there was a strong focus on letting us enjoy the summer while learning a lot! Definitely the opposite of the typical long hours and extremely cutthroat financial firm feel that I expected. I spent around 40 to 50 hours a week at work which is a very solid work life balance.” – Full Review