IMC Trading Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IMC Trading

1 Interview Review

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a job fair, after emailing her again I was sent online coding assignment, after passing that had a Skype interview with a developer, then a phone call from an HR representative, then flown out to Chicago for the final round of interviews. The final round consisted of three different interview at their Chicago office, both technical and behavioral interviews. I found the online test and Skype interview to be pretty easy, the technical rounds of the final interviews were a little more difficult. One of the technical interviews was with two developers and a whiteboard where they continued to warp one question for an hour, the other was coding alongside another developer. The HR interviews were all pretty simple, more get-to-know you than asking difficult scenarios or anything.

Interview Questions

• Print out the elements of a binary tree in order (then asked about doing a recursive vs imperative solution)   Answer Question
  • Teach us something you don't think we know about for 5 minutes (this was behavioral so it didn't have to be a cs thing)   Answer Question
  • Find the distance between two words in a string   Answer Question