IMC Trading Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMC Trading Trader Interview Questions

Interviews at IMC Trading

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I interview first round on campus with a hr, it was a very intuitive question, got email about final round 2 days later and final round was scheduled after a week.
Surprisingly almost all the questions are about finance, so if you are looking for quantitative role with a cs/math background this might not be a good choice. I have two final round interviewers with Econ/finance background and I felt very hard to communicate with them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IMC Trading

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading.

Interview

Started interview process with a speed-based critical thinking and mental math test. Afterwards, had a skype interview with a technical recruiter. Questions were fairly basic and were meant to first gauge interest. Started by reviewing my resume and experience. At the end, I had a quick options pricing technical dealing with payoff diagrams.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This was definitely one of the worst interview processes I've had so far. I've had a phone interview with a HR from IMC. She suggested me to prepare on market making and probability questions, which is quite normal for a prop trading firm.
    The interview was very unpleasant. The HR person did not have any idea about what market making is. Unlike other interviewers from prop trading firms, she did not give any hints about probability / stats questions.
    At the end, she asked me if I had any questions, but when I asked a very general question about their business, she declined to comment. Why do you ask people for questions if you don't want to answer them?

Interview Questions

IMC Trading Response

Nov 6, 2017

We pride ourselves on the amount of time and energy we invest in finding new talent, so it’s very surprising to hear about your experience. It’s extremely important that we make interviewing an... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Online Quiz, Recorded Interview, Phone Interview. Interviewer was nice but was hard to understand, and did not seem overly bright (some of her follow-up questions were a little bit non-sensical).

Interview Questions

• Easy probability questions, design an optimal elevator algorithm   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading in September 2018.

Interview

First there was an online test which required you to solve diagrammatical reasoning problems and numerical reasoning problems, then a recorded video interview, then a skype interview with a team member

Interview Questions

• Lots of probability questions and game theory, mostly things involving probability of winning a game or getting a certain outcome after x number of events. The phone interview was pure brain teasers to analyze thinking processes.   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Interview

after applying, offered to take a video recorded interview which was part technical part experience. second interview with inside trader was very technical, no qualitative questions about resume or background experience. all probability / algorithm questions

Interview Questions

• name an instance where you were challenged and how you responded   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Went into the final round interview in Chicago. The first day is a group interview with a case study. The second day contains fours parts, behavioral questions, financial questions, math and statistic questions and a short case study to see your learning ability. Overall the questions are not hard, but have to be responsive and quick minded. They are seeking fast-learners. I didn't prepare well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Two HR ladies asked me a bunch of questions about my previous employer; not about me, but how and who my previous employer hires, how much we were paid, so and so forth. This questioning and note taking went on for 20 minutes then they finished off with one behavior question. Looking back it looks like an obvious red flag but right then I just answered what I was asked.

Interview Questions

• Which other schools did your previous employer hire from ?   1 Answer

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IMC Trading in November 2015.

Interview

Initial online logical reasoning test, followed by an on campus interview. The online portion was basically an IQ test where you need to identify patterns and what not, with each question having a time limit. The on campus interview had a little bit of personality and "why trading." I was also asked to draw different payoff diagrams for options.

Interview Questions

• What is an algorithm you use in daily life?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMC Trading (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Trader Intern - Applied online. Completed a math/logic assessment, which was very easy. Next was a Skype interview with some fit questions and one question about options pricing. Then flew out to Chicago for a superday, which included four rounds of interviews. One was behavioral with HR and the other three were options pricing theory, recreating a book with missing information, and a probability assessment. I received an offer same day.

Interview Questions

• What factors would you need to know in order to price an option? A future? Price this future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Would be pretty silly to negotiate about a one week internship.