IMF Staff Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMF Staff Assistant Interview Questions

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMF (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an online test regarding my personality and computer skills. Once I passed this test my application was available to all departments. I was contacted about a week later and an interview was set up for the next week. The interview was primarily a personality test.

Interview Questions

• You and a colleague are responsible for completing tasks. Your colleague is constantly taking breaks and the work doesn't get finished. What would you do?   Answer Question
  • Your colleague is overbearing and tries to micromanage your work. How would you handle this?   Answer Question
  • Talk about one weakness and two strengths you possess   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IMF

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IMF (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email stating I was qualified but needed to take a skills assessment test online which tested my basic Microsoft office skills including excel functions and advanced word operations such as mail merge. I was then contacted maybe two or three weeks later to set an interview. The interview was with a panel, four individuals from the department that I was a candidate for. They asked about my qualifications and experience and how it related to the role of a Staff Assistant at the IMF. A week and a half later they contacted me asking for information on three references. I was then called and conditionally offered a position about 3 days after the initial reference check. I say conditionally because they still must conduct a background check and an additional reference verification for three more references as well before the offer becomes finalized.

Interview Questions

• How are you with time management?   Answer Question
    • How well do you know advanced functions on word/excel such as formatting documents?   Answer Question
    • Elaborate on your experience in office administration.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at IMF (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, I filled out an online application, completed an online skills assessment, and was invited to an in-person panel interview (3 people), all within 6 days.

Interview Questions

• I was asked primarily about my administrative experience and cultural competency.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at IMF (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied and I had to do an online skills test to be in the pool of pre-selected candidates. 4 weeks later I was called for an interview. The interview had a panel of 3 people. They all asked questions. It was in English. After this, they called me 1 week later to let me know that I had been selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IMF (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied on line and was contacted by HR with a link for the staff Assistant on line test. i could take it from anywhere as long as i had it submitted within the two weeks.it is basically an IQ test and a test on Microsoft skills.

Interview Questions

• 2-hour test on basic Microsoft office skills, working style, interest, strengths and weaknesses and future goals   Answer Question

Staff Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IMF.

Interview

Profile creation, three Interviews, 2-hour test on basic Microsoft office skills, Interviews lasted about 1.5 hours each with pretty basic interview questions on skills, working style, interest, strengths and weaknesses and future goals.

Interview Questions

• Why are you making the switch from international health sector to finance sector?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IMF (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was great. Had an email sent to me to schedule an interview. We skipped the phone interview and I did a panel interview.
    The benefits are great. Not much growth opportunities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They wouldn't let me negotiate the salary

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMF (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online to a position which usually consists of a roster, where they call the qualified candidates, because you have to first pass an online exam to be considered. I had 2 interviews. Both interviews were great, with very professional people. In the first interview they asked about my experience and they asked questions in order to test my competence for that position (they would give me scenarios to test my reactions and my personality). The second interview was with the bosses, obviously because the first interview was successful. They were all very friendly and made me feel very comfortable. Received an offer the very same day of the second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything. I agreed to what they offered me, in terms of benefits and salary. Benefits and salary are considerably higher than in the private sector, since it is an international organization.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IMF (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

External Hire - Either wait on HR or you must know someone from the IMF who can pass your resume unto a hiring officer. It would also help to know someone at the IMF to learn about vacancies.

Internal Hire - Must have a wide network of colleagues to learn about vacancies in order to apply and push your resume forward. There are also instances where a job post is already unofficially taken by someone else.

Interview Questions

• The questions in my experiences have never been difficult   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IMF (Washington, DC) in September 2009.

Interview

Skills test, followed by an applicant pool, followed by a group interview in the group in which you will confirmed or declined by phone.

Interview Questions

• what is most important skill you have to contribute   1 Answer
    • that having a good sense of aptitude is most important in learning new skills and being with a new organization   1 Answer