IMP Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IMP Group Interview Questions

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at IMP Group

Junior/Intermediate Avionics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IMP Group (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

Before writing this I should admit that I am not that much into engineering and was not bringing any engineering design experience to the table. I emphasized project management on my resume and had since worked in several other fields before applying to this position. Applied online and received email from secretary asking me to come in for interview. I typically take note of the body language and general level of happiness/friendliness of the employees while I am waiting for an interview ... and of all of the employees (15ish) who had to show their pass to the guard to enter the building, not a single one smiled or even spoke to the commissionaire. It seemed very much a serious and unfriendly feeling. Went in for interview with two engineers and their manager. One seemed nice but the manager and one engineer were very cold and rude. Interview consisted of 20 or so technical questions and 20 or so personality/behavioral questions. Manager did not bother to shake my hand or greet me and was very harsh. I mentioned I did not have design experience right away to clear the air and tried to focus on my strengths and hard work, but that did not stop him from a 20 minute lecture about my "deficiencies". He was not kind and was rather insulting. He described himself as "a basta** to work for" and said he would swear at me a lot if I had the job. I understand I did not have the exact experience, but it was not necessary for him to be so insulting. My general feeling of the place was that it is an environment with a lot of aggression and takes itself a little too seriously. They went on to talk about how important their work was and how many lives depended on them being smart, etc. They gave me my chance to ask questions, and half way through my first question I was interrupted for another 10 minute lecture on how deficient I was for the role. I do not really know why they called me in. I was not allowed to ask any more questions and had decided I didn't want the job. The interview ended and I felt insulted for no real reason and do not really carry a very high opinion of the place or 2/3 of the people I spoke with during my time there. Regardless of my qualifications, insulting people and criticism is no way to conduct and interview.

Interview Questions

• X_c and X_l impedance ... what are these? Have you ever taken apart a lawn mower engine.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IMP Group in July 2010.

Interview

apply online then get the interview

Interview Questions