INC 2000 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at INC 2000

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at INC 2000 (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Inc 2000 out of the blue. They said I applied, however, I have no record of ever doing so. This was my first red flag. They wanted me to come in right away for a 20-minute interview. This was my second red flag - no hiring manager can determine if someone is a good fit in 20 minutes. I began researching Inc 2000, and looking for any errant positions I may have clicked the "apply" button for, but could find none. Then I found a wealth of information about them here on Glassdoor. I read through every review and quickly decided this was a company that intended to prey on people. My career goals are the complete opposite as a nonprofit communications professional so I immediately canceled the interview. Thank you candidates for giving me the head's up!

Interview Questions

• The one question they asked that was also a red flag was what form of transportation I used. They wanted to make sure I had a car.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at INC 2000 (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

There are three interview process that must be done. The first one is about a 15-20 minute talk at the office. Then you get asked back for the second interview which is an on set one, which I walked up and down a street in Hackensack trying to sell cosmetics. After selling for awhile then you sit down with the person to talk about the experience and what you are looking for in the internship. I was asked if this is a job I can see myself doing what we just did. If you say yes then you go back to get another interview with the owner. I said no so I left.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to do in the internship? Is this something you see yourself doing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at INC 2000 (Ridgefield, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

Stupid. Came in for an interview and only lasted for 5 min. Not going back. "first year you do sales, then you can do other things".. so stupid. I would not recommend anyone even going. who wants to sell sports ticket? Not me. I applied for a marketing position... stupid wasted time.

Interview Questions

• Would you be ok with sales for the first year?   1 Answer

Marketing Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at INC 2000 in August 2015.

Interview

The office is decked out in sports advertisements, with ESPN playing in the lobby. You will probably be told that you were supposed to interview with the president but he had a "sudden emergency" in Manhattan so someone from HR will interview you. They just want to know if you can sell. You will need to sell products and meet a quota. It's commission based and 100% a sales job. Don't get swept up in the fluff, if sales is what you're looking for then go for it, but don't let them persuade you into thinking "direct marketing" means selling makeup products door to door.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about you that separates you from the rest of the job applicants?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at INC 2000 (Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

DO NOT GO ON THIS INTERVIEW. the first interview went great, they told me very vague details about the company. They raised my expectation very high. Raymond interviewed me, he told me about how this could potentially lead to a 6 figure salary position. He also said how you get to travel and train all over the U.S. I knew it was too good to be true, but I decided to go on. He then asked me if I'd be willing to come in for a second interview. I felt so special considering their were ten other people in the waiting room waiting for interviews. I come in for my second interview three days later and I see all familiar faces. They hand me a form that tells me to check off what I look for in a company. I checked off personal growth, management, and environment. Raymond called me and another interviewee into the office and paired us with two sales reps who were to show us what we do. Part two is below my whole story doesn't fit.

Interview Questions

Part 2: I write down their license plate number incase I die. I follow them from Richfield park to butler on rt23 north. Me and the interviewee split up. I am with the male and now is my chance to ask 21 questions. I ask him what we are to do. He hands me a bag, and it is fillied with makeup essentials. We are to sell these DOOR TO DOOR to workers in the stores. I laughed in his face, I told him that I would not be participating and I watched him proceed to get 9 no's. Thank god I drove myself, I dismissed myself, and I told them I was 100% not interested in this "direct marketing 6 figure door to door sales job." One of the worst experiences of my entire life that I have decided to write an actual blog post on this and I will provide the link on here soon. Please do yourself a favor, don't apply here, you're better off at McDonald's because they actually give you hourly. This place is a scam for people about to graduate college in my opinion. Xo

INC 2000 Response

Jul 23, 2015 – President

Inc. 2000 is a direct marketing firm in Ridgefield Park, NJ; we seek to conduct all client and team member relationships with integrity and hold our team members to the highest standards. We... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sloatsburg, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at INC 2000 (Sloatsburg, NY).

Interview

The first interview took place in their office. It was short and brief with not much information or room to ask questions. They immediately called me to offer a second interview. The second interview was a waste of time in my opinion. We started about half an hour late. I had to drive all the way to jersey city area with three other "teammates" where I would learn what they do. I had originally applied for account manager but was told I had to start in entry level sales. After being brought around jersey city, they told me I had to drive all the way back to the office to fill out a questionnaire. After the second interview, I was told I would get a phone call the next day from their CEO. I didn't receive the call until 3 days later so I saw this as unprofessional.

Interview Questions

The company seems unprofessional. They tell you you'll be making 150K in a year but this is a scam. Its all based off of commission to start which they didn't explain in the first two interviews. And the hours are extremely unreasonable. They want you in the office Monday-Friday 8:30-6:30 and Saturday 9-6.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at INC 2000 (Ridgefield Park, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

This was a perfect way to interview with a company. There was a three round interview process. The first interview was a meet and greet that lasted about 20 minutes. The second interview was a 3 hour process were I got the opportunity to shadow one of the current sales reps working with the NY Mets. The third round interview was with the Ceo of the company were I was able to negotiate my starting Salary

Interview Questions

• What leadership style do you possess
      What books on management and leadership have you read in the past year   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at INC 2000 (Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Very informative. I left with a good understanding of what they are looking for. It was definitely exciting to hear about all of their plans for growth. The entire interview process prepared me for understanding what is expected of me. There was a 2 part interview. The first was meeting with the CEO and going over qualifications. The second interview process was a little more lengthy. It was a chance for me to see if the position would be a good fit for more and went into depth with the job description. I knew exactly was I was getting into prior to an offer being made.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous positions and duties, where I see myself in the next few years, reasons for leaving precious employment, what motivates me to be successful   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at INC 2000 (Ridgefield, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

The first interview was very brief. It only took about 15 minutes asking general questions. The second "interview" I went out in the field with one of their agents to see what they do. They basically go from business to business selling different products. My trainer was very upbeat and positive.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at INC 2000 (Hackensack, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Meet at office and they take you out to sell stuff door to door. Peddling basically. Try to mislead you and hope they can convince you to do it.

Interview Questions

• Are you strong mentally?
      Why should we pick you for this?
      Would you like to be your own boss?
      Do you want to be able to take care of your family?   Answer Question

INC 2000 Response

Aug 19, 2015 – President

Inc. 2000 is a direct marketing company operating in Ridgefield Park, NJ. We do apologize that our career opportunities did not align with your professional goals. We always operate legally and... More