INC Research Interview Questions in Raleigh, NC | Glassdoor

2.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at INC Research (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

phone interview with HR talking about basics of job description, etc, three panel interview with other project specialists, star format was used some, presented offer within 3 days of interviewing with company. hr was super helpful with all questions being answered

Site Contracts Specialise Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at INC Research (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I got an email from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very laid back and the recruiter demonstrated a strong knowledge of the company. He was very nice and easy to talk to. I followed up with him to find out if I was selected for an in-person interview and he told me his colleague would add me to the calendar. I finally got my confirmation the day before my interview.

I interviewed in person with 5 people total. The first two managers were laid back and very nice and professional. The last three managers I interviewed with were also laid back but sort of stiff. One manager was mainly sitting in and not really asking questions. They seemed to be more concerned about getting my guest badge back rather than telling me anything about the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good manager?
      What makes a bad manager?
      What skills would you bring to this position?
      Do you know anyone that works here?   Answer Question

Project Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at INC Research (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Two Step interview process. First step is being contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview. Second step is a 3 part interview with different managers.
    During my first interview, the recruiter promised to contact me in a week or so to set up my final interview. Almost a month later contact was made, some internal complications had arisen and I would be contacted soon with an update. Contact fell off after that.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at INC Research (Raleigh, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied via referral. Recruiter emailed shortly thereafter to schedule a phone screen, which was straightforward. Hiring manager called without scheduling a time to chat a couple of days later, mostly the same as HR phone screen and expecting a salary minimum. An on-site interview was arranged with three members of the team. Was told to expect a decision the following week, but received no notification. Recruiter responded to an email sent one month later stating that the team was proceeding with other candidates.

Central Monitoring Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INC Research (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied beginning of August. Received candidate questionnaire email 1 week later. Interview in person week after. Offer 1 week later. We'll be starting there exactly 1 month from the day I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Senior Information Technology Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INC Research (Raleigh, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Employee referral. Initial screening with the HR recruiter was brief, he acknowledged I was over qualified for the position, but would discuss with the hiring manager whether there was room to negotiate on the salary and/or position title. After confirming that there was room to negotiate, they brought me in to interview.

Interview 1 included interview with Hiring Manager, VP level two colleagues and two other Vice President's. For the most part the interview was pretty standard line of questioning. However, one of the peer interviews was strange. He introduced himself and explained that his interview style was to ask questions, and if he thought I was answering in a way that he thought I should he would interrupt me and pivot to the next question. He spent the entire half hour of our time going with that approach and left no time for any questions from me.

After the interview I sent an email requesting feedback, next steps from the recruiter. After about a week I finally heard back from the recruiter indicating they wished to bring me in for another interview with the leadership. Second interview took some time to schedule, about a month after the first interview.

Second interview was fairly standard. Talked about different methodologies, and expectations with the leadership team. I did come to find out at the end of the day when the Hiring Manager came into the room that he wasn't aware that I was even in the building for the second interview. He didn't find out until one of the leaders I interviewed with went into his office and asked what I would be working on if hired. Also he intimated that he did not mean for me to interview with the entire leadership, just one or two of them. Some disconnects between hiring manager and recruiter.

Left the interview with some indication that the hiring manager would make a decision by the end of the month. I again heard nothing from the recruiter. After the end of the month reached out again to the recruiter asking if they were still on timeline to make a decision. I never heard again from the recruiter.

To confirm my suspicion that I was no longer a candidate, I logged into their job posting board and saw that they had a made a decision and I was no longer a candidate.

Generally a pleasant interview, and I was interested in moving forward. Although the Hiring Manager was not sure he would be able to keep me challenged. Best of luck to the organization, but generally this was not best or most professional experience with Human Resources. Seems like a lot of wasted time on both ends if I was that overqualified in to big with.

Interview Questions

• One of questions from the peer who rapid fired questions: What details do you capture in your RAID?   1 Answer

SSURS I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at INC Research (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

They give you a phone interview just to see your interests. Then they will set up an in-person interview depending on if HR likes you. Once you get the interview, it's EASY! The managers are wonderful people and make it really relaxed. They really like to get to know each person individually. They ask mostly generic questions. The whole process takes about 2 weeks. Then you also have a week and a half training period from start date as well.

Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at INC Research (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview with the recruiter was helpful and I was asked extensive questions about my resume and current role. I was scheduled the next week with a three person panel. This is when things went downhill. Only one woman was present for the panel interview at first, and she seemed very stressed and was curt. She kept asking me when could I start and kept emphasizing they needed someone "yesterday" because they were so busy. She never asked me anything regarding my skills or experience and never asked any situational questions; only how many people I had managed. I wish she had asked me more questions, because I did feel like I was a good fit for the position, but was never given the chance to sell myself. After 15 minutes, two other women joined the call and said absolutely nothing. To make things worse, I never even got an email saying that they chose another candidate or they filled the position. Nothing. This was a very unprofessional and disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum number of employees you have managed?   1 Answer
    • When can you start? We need someone here yesterday!   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at INC Research (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

In person and phone interviews, 30 minutes in length, followed by a prepared presentation to the whole panel on a choice of provided topics. Be prepared with electronic and hard copy materials. Talent acquisition team are not well organized so be prepared, and allow at least 20 minutes pre arrival time.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, STAR format was not used.   1 Answer

Project Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at INC Research (Raleigh, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

INC approached me for an interview around July 2015 after my information was provided through employee referral. The initial interview with the recruiter went really well and he was impressed. Although, he initially forgot to call me during scheduled interview time. After the interview, he seldom got back to me on the committed timeline. I was eventually interviewed by the Sr. Director. She was impressed too and I had third round of online interview with the PD (hiring manager) and Sr.PM. Interestingly, the hiring manager did not show up for the interview. The interview co-ordinator found out that the hiring manager had to leave unexpectedly due to a family emergency. I patiently interviewed with the Sr. PM. He was impressed too. The entire team was impressed by my several round of interviews (over 3months) and they offered me the position, although did not budge on any negotiations. ON THE DAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO JOIN, THEY REVOKED MY OFFER, with no further communication than a 2 line email. Great example of how ridiculous an "at will" offer can be.

It took me 3 more months to run my job search from scratch. I finally found a great employer and realized that if the hiring manager is really interested, they will respond timely (in fact promptly), will stay in constant touch, assist through entire hiring process to address questions/concerns and are willing to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• Tricky behavioral question.
      Sr. Dir. gave me a situation (did not mention this was hypothetical) where a friend who worked in late stage development, wanted to see if she like early phase studies. She was allowed to transition, but she got BORED. Then asked me, in this scenario, would you like to work with late stage or early stage, we have a lot of open positions in both.
      I said I'm open to both, but would love it if I get to work with Late stage studies too.
      The recruiter got back to me and said since I said I wanted late stage, they will not go further with my interview since they only had positions in early stage. It took me a some effort to clarify that I had mentioned I was open to both stages, but would "love" to not "prefer" to work in late stage. The interview did proceed to next stage.
      Lesson: Beware of friendly conversations during interview, they are the trickiest and can turn against you.   Answer Question