ING Customer Service Adviser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Customer Service Adviser Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

I was referred to the company via a recruitment agency. I had to pass a timed numeracy and literacy test online, which the company contacted me directly about via email. The test was one of the more difficult online tests I have taken, however they allow you to practice beforehand.

Following this they attempted to contact me several times for a telephone interview before eventually leaving me a message to ask me to call them back to arrange one. This was a fairly standard telephone interview, involving competency-based questions and questions about my work history.

I was invited to a face-to-face interview after this, during which they gave me and the other lad that I was interviewing with a tour of the building, went through my CV, asking me about what was on it, and asked a few example-based questions to ascertain my level of experience. After this was a telephone conversation roleplay (which I messed up (!)).

The company did not contact me afterwards to let me know that I didn't get the job.

It seemed to be a nice place to work; open, spacious and modern. The people I saw appeared to enjoy their jobs.

The interview process is fairly standard as far as I can tell for call centre positions such as these. I would recommend candidates, especially in the roleplay, to demonstrate their personality and also to ask questions such as the candidate's name, what they intend to do with their money, to close the call, etc. etc. (all things I didn't do!!).

The questions do not appear to be trick questions, it is just important to answer them confidently.

Interview Questions

• Please give us an example of when you have had to be accurate in your work.   Answer Question