ING Direct Sales Associate-Promoter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Direct Sales Associate-Promoter Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in December 2009.

Interview

After filling out my online application I received a phone call that same day. I was given a short phone interview and was then asked to come in for an in person interview. I had to wait a few weeks until I was finished with school, or the whole process would have been much shorter. For my in person interview I was given a tour of the building by human resources and then was interviewed by two of the coaches for the sales teams. Lastly, I had to do a practice sales call. It took one week for me to hear that I did not get the job due to a lack of sales experience

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ING Direct

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The process was very straight forward with no surprises, they let you know how everything is going to go before you arrive for the interview. They even disclose salary and expectations before interview. They have nothing to hide... You usually interview with 1 or 2 maanagers or coahes to see how well you interact with them and other associates. They want real people who are eager to learn and not set in their ways.

Interview Questions

• They did not have any unexpected questions except for the usuL "NAME a time you failed at something""   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Saint Cloud, MN) in August 2008.

Interview

I applied online and put down that I was referred by a friend that started a few months ahead of me. Since I lived about 2 hours away form the interview place at the time, I had a first phone interivew and then they agreed to interview me in-person. Usually, you go to ING two times to interview but since I was communiting far they held my 1:1 interview first then agreed to move me on to the next stage immediately and I interviewed with the Sales Floor Manager immediately. During the interview, the Sales Coach was intimidating and I had to sell them a pencil and they asked, if I was trying to sell them the pencil, what would I do? The most important thing to do is ask questions about whey they need the pencil, etc. It was okay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not really get to negotiate. If I remember correctly, you put your desired salary on the application but for this position, there really is no room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in April 2008.

Interview

Staff was really great, super friendly. I had a few one on one interviews and then a group interview. Asked mostly behavioral questions. They wanted me to come back in to meet head of sales and discuss offer details. I declined the offer because the job wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weakness, Story about dealign with a difficult client, how do you motivate your staff..   Answer Question