ING Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Direct Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in December 2009.

Interview

After filling out my online application I received a phone call that same day. I was given a short phone interview and was then asked to come in for an in person interview. I had to wait a few weeks until I was finished with school, or the whole process would have been much shorter. For my in person interview I was given a tour of the building by human resources and then was interviewed by two of the coaches for the sales teams. Lastly, I had to do a practice sales call. It took one week for me to hear that I did not get the job due to a lack of sales experience

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

First meet with the human resource person. They give you a tour of the two sales floors so you can get an understanding of how the environment. Then you have two one on one sessions with two coaches. From observing their interviewing technique it seems they always have a plan when going in. Sometime its good cop, bad cop and sometimes they both grill you on just sales questions. When you done your walked out of the building. I received a call in two hours letting me know I go the job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The process was very straight forward with no surprises, they let you know how everything is going to go before you arrive for the interview. They even disclose salary and expectations before interview. They have nothing to hide... You usually interview with 1 or 2 maanagers or coahes to see how well you interact with them and other associates. They want real people who are eager to learn and not set in their ways.

Interview Questions

• They did not have any unexpected questions except for the usuL "NAME a time you failed at something""   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in November 2008.

Interview

I had a recruiter that got me the interview. I first did a phone interview. Then I went in an interviewed with 3 people 1-1. My soon to be boss, the manager of finance, then the Chief Operations Officer. It wasn't that bad of an interview at all. Just basic stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate (It was pretty much my first job)

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Saint Cloud, MN) in August 2008.

Interview

I applied online and put down that I was referred by a friend that started a few months ahead of me. Since I lived about 2 hours away form the interview place at the time, I had a first phone interivew and then they agreed to interview me in-person. Usually, you go to ING two times to interview but since I was communiting far they held my 1:1 interview first then agreed to move me on to the next stage immediately and I interviewed with the Sales Floor Manager immediately. During the interview, the Sales Coach was intimidating and I had to sell them a pencil and they asked, if I was trying to sell them the pencil, what would I do? The most important thing to do is ask questions about whey they need the pencil, etc. It was okay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not really get to negotiate. If I remember correctly, you put your desired salary on the application but for this position, there really is no room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in April 2008.

Interview

Staff was really great, super friendly. I had a few one on one interviews and then a group interview. Asked mostly behavioral questions. They wanted me to come back in to meet head of sales and discuss offer details. I declined the offer because the job wasn't a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weakness, Story about dealign with a difficult client, how do you motivate your staff..   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct.

Interview

I applied the job during a job fair. After about two weeks waiting, I got a call for first round interview which is a face to face one. 2 interviewers one from HR and one from Sales. After a week, I got another call for the last round phone interview. I had to talk to the direct team leader.

Interview Questions

• Role play- you need to act like a CSR and trying to sell your product to your client.   Answer Question

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Istanbul (Turkey)) in July 2013.

Interview

I directly meet Marketing VP and easy for an internview.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (New Delhi (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

written test
    Personal interview with HR

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct.

Interview

Asked the group to come in for an informational session. It's well structured with good information of the pros and cons of working for ING. After the session, you sign up for a first interview, and if you are called back after the first, you are asked to sign up for your final interview. The process itself is not tremendously time consuming, but seems to be efficient.