ING Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ING Direct

2.8

Cafe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contact by a recruiter after applying online. After a quick phone interview, I had to take a personality test and complete application information online. Then, I was called in for an interview with two people. It was very relaxing and they were very easygoing. The next week, I went in for a one-on-one interview and, again, it was very relaxed. Less than a week later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. I would advise future applicants to discuss negotiations in preliminary interviews with the recruiter if they are concerned with the pay.

Applications Services Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in March 2011.

Interview

The first step was a phone screen by a hiring manager in HR. She called me and asked some basic behavioral questions and asked me to go through my resume. She asked about the projects I have done in school and challenges I faced. The second step was an in office interview with 3 different managers on the App Services team. The interview took about 2 hours in total, and they asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions related to the job. Overall, I thought the interview was very manageable and definitely interesting.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite character from The Jersey Shore?   1 Answer

Bank Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied for job online via career website. Was contacted by a recruiter from the company. Spoke with recruiter on the phone and info was sent to me via email. Looked over emailed information and took required personality test online. After phone interview and personality test, was invited for interview at office. Interviewed by two different managers separately. After offer was given, was required to take drug test at independent facility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was fixed and stated during initial applications process. Salary for this position non-negotiable. Salary also included performance bonuses.

Wintel Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in October 2011.

Interview

There were 2 sets of interviews lasting roughly 2hrs a piece, very detailed. Parking was provided with the process and free lunch as well. I had to take a skills test as well as a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate extra vacation time.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Wilmington, DE) in April 2012.

Interview

Awesome. The people were friendly, the atmosphere was hip and cool but professional. They had a free espresso machine in the lobby and I had a couple of shots before my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when,,,,   1 Answer

BI Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct.

Interview

After first round of telephonic was called for in person interview where had opportunity to manager and other team members.
    Had discussion with them about my background and technical skills.
    Encountered with questions in the area I had previously worked on.

Audit Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and reached out the hiring manager directly. The hiring manager called me in for an interview the following week. My interview lasted almost 4 hours. I was sent an offer the next day, and before making up my mind I requested a tour. I visited the office mid-morning to meet others in the department, and get a better sense of the work environment. We agreed to terms, and I started working within 3 weeks of my initial application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an auditor?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Istanbul (Turkey)) in July 2013.

Interview

I directly meet Marketing VP and easy for an internview.

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct in February 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by 5 to 6 people. It took almost 4 hours to go through the whole process. Its a nice environment, different cultures, and the interview at times was repetitive due to the fact there were 5 to 6 people and asking the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an instance that made you very satisfied?   Answer Question
    • Which job until now do you think you liked the most? why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Markham, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview asked about:
    1. Behavioral questions;
    2. Background and work experience;
    3. technology side: asked to rate tech skills, asked to write some codes; asked about project details;

Interview Questions

• Describe the project using some specific technology;   1 Answer