ING Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Direct Interview Questions

Interviews at ING Direct

2.8

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct.

Interview

went to office visit and was interviewed with two managers. Received offer two weeks afterward

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING Direct in June 2011.

Interview

Interview was simple. They asked about myself, they also gave a background of the company. They are looking for people who fit their mold. They are really trying to be a new age bank.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experiance?   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct in February 2011.

Interview

Started with initial phone screening. Questions like tell me about yourself, some technical c, c++ and oo related questions along with quantitative derivative questions. On site interview with in depth discussion of resume and similar c, c++, oo and quant derivative questions with different team members.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct in October 2011.

Interview

Call and told me basic information about the job and invited me in for a meeting. While i declined

Interview Questions

• Gave a basic over view of the company and the available position.   Answer Question

Mostly sales related

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ING Direct in May 2010.

Interview

They asked me alot of questions about myself. You could tell they had a process for interviewing and came across in a team oriented approach. I would have really liked to work there.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct in April 2008.

Interview

Nothing much. Just the general questions in telephonic round.
    1 on 1 the HR said that the manager will come to take the interview in a couple of minutes and by the time I can watch video on ING. I did and when the manager came he started asking about the video what did I saw and what do I think of culture at ING.
    After that two person came for technical round and asked general questions on C and other languages I love, and about the Windows OS.
    Another round was with another manager who gave me a paper with 40 questions mostly on networking and general problem solving and C language.

Interview Questions

• ABout the videos og ING that I saw waiting for the interview to arrive   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ING Direct (Markham, ON (Canada)) in December 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter working to fill a position with ING Direct in Canada. Company is an FI focused on online and phone banking services only. The process consisted on 2 phone interviews, two intervies in person consisted of 1:1 interview with a team member to assess my cultural fit and skills as well as a group interview with again HR and the hiring leader. After that, I was invited to meet with the VP for another 1:1 interview. Lastly I was asked to return prior the holidays to meet with the CMO. All meetings went very well. My 1:1 interview lasted even double of the allocated time. Feedback received through the process was very encouraging and positive. I really enjoyed the whole team and even the Sr. Mgmtn was very helpful and nice people to talk to. The only feedback I received was that the job was "not big enough for me" in scope and responsibilites based on my broad experience and could not meet my expectations. My salary level was also a concern even though I was open to take a salary cut as I am interested in the right company than just a salary. While I tried to describe my ability to adjust and focus on this new role, I felt that this was definetely probably my biggest challenge for this role as there were no plans to make it bigger in the near future. I was advised close to Christmas that while I was the only one who went to all the levels and passed them very well, company asked for two new candidates as they felt that they could not hire without other candidates. I was somewhat surprised and the recruiter too. That was disappointing as I had no constructive criticism but it is probably related to the comment I received during the interview with one the Executives. Interview process was very detailed and intense. Questions were well prepared and focus on clearly identify the right employee. While I had to go through 5 interviews and sometimes 1:1 lasted for 1.5 hours on Q&A I felt very encouraged as the company was very serious to hire the right individual and committed to do so. I have nothing but positive to say about this organization, there are in a transformation period and wish I could still join them to help them in their objectives. I have not heard back yet if the process is still going or they have identified already a candidate but it has been over 4 weeks since my last interview and close to 3 weeks since I last spoke with the recruitier, so chances are this is not going to work out for me. It is definetely a pitty as I could definetely have a lot to offer them and even elevate the role and scope in a near future.
    I am not sure if anyone has an advice for this type of situations, but I have some difficulty on this type of situations that I have too many qualifications, even though I meet all of the job requirements?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagree with a decision or project with your Executive?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle conflict resolution with your direct reports or other teams/groups that you need to interact?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ING Direct (Markham, ON (Canada)) in July 2012.

Interview

Recommended by a mutual friend

Interview Questions

• n/a. Very open, practical questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not difficult, given that the company saved money by not going thru an agency.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct.

Interview

Asked the group to come in for an informational session. It's well structured with good information of the pros and cons of working for ING. After the session, you sign up for a first interview, and if you are called back after the first, you are asked to sign up for your final interview. The process itself is not tremendously time consuming, but seems to be efficient.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ING Direct in July 2010.

Interview

For the entry level, I had a phone interview. Three days later, I had a 1:1 interview with a manager. He asked me general questions such as why I applied to ING Direct, why I was interested in finance and what positive outcomes I would bring to the company etc. It only took 1 hour and then he called me a week later and offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in the financial analyst position with ING Direct?   Answer Question