ING Direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Direct Interview Questions

Interviews at ING Direct

2.8

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct in January 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people. First I interviewed with 2 people and was asked to sell them a pen!? Needless to say, I messed that up because the next person spent 5 minutes with me and the final person asked if I had anymore questions and that was it. Never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING Direct in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online. Was called in for an hour interview with two managers. Was told I would be notified with in a week of the interview if I would receive a job offer. Received the offer. Took two weeks before my first day on the job.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a set starting pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ING Direct in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from a recruiter to fill out an online profile. I received a phone call the next day and had a quick phone interview, and was asked to come in for an in person interview. In person interview consisted of back to back interviews with two sales managers, and they told me they would compare notes and let me know the next day. Got a call, they offered me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ING Direct in April 2011.

Interview

ING first contacted me via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with a woman from HR and she asked basic questions, such as "why do you want to work here?'. After the phone interview, I was contacted by HR to set up an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of a group interview with customer service questions.

Competitive Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ING Direct (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Was hired through an on-campus recruitment through my Universities Co-op Program.
    One interviewer - behavioural based questions followed up with any technical experience I may have had

Interview Questions

• If you were to write an autobiography what would you title it and why?   Answer Question

Mortgage Processor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct in November 2009.

Interview

I had interviewed with two different coaches, and both had lots of previous experience, yet different coaching styles. One was easier going, the other more "serious", but in either case I feel I was able to deal with them both okay. I get the feeling there are many different interview styles used here.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall specific questions, it was more about being able to talk about previous related experiences and knowledge.   Answer Question

Direct Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at ING Direct (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2007.

Interview

Job fair was held at the office where the position was based, multiple candidates and waited several hours, was finally pulled in to speak to a manager after two hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to be responsible for a very difficult customer   Answer Question

Direct Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

General Questions about your background and experience. Very easy going

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy going

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (New Delhi (India)) in April 2013.

Interview

written test
    Personal interview with HR

Predictive Modeler Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct in April 2012.

Interview

The interview contains two phone interviews, one HR and one technical. The HR one was nothing special and the technical interview did have some hardcore questions. Asked a couple of statistical and modeling questions. A little bit away from my background and turns into the fail of the interview. Overall, very nice HR and very interesting position.

Interview Questions

• Average technical questions, not too complicated but definitely requires some home work   Answer Question