ING Direct Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Two phone calls with the Head of Marketing.

The phone calls were very relaxed. He discussed the organization structure of the marketing teams and gave a brief overview of what projects the company was working on. Then he provided information about the role I had applied to which was very helpful.

We then had a follow up call two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Bank Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied for job online via career website. Was contacted by a recruiter from the company. Spoke with recruiter on the phone and info was sent to me via email. Looked over emailed information and took required personality test online. After phone interview and personality test, was invited for interview at office. Interviewed by two different managers separately. After offer was given, was required to take drug test at independent facility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was fixed and stated during initial applications process. Salary for this position non-negotiable. Salary also included performance bonuses.

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Ing is very selective about the people they hire. I interviewed for the cafe associate position and I was told by the managers they had been interview for over 8 months, meaning they are picky. The interview started with a video about the company so pay attention to it, they ask questions. They do everything for a reason in their interview. One of the manager started to play with his fingernails as if he was very disinterested, but it was to see how I would react. They did several other things to like this in order to gain a reaction from me. They want people who are passionate about saving and about the company. They are looking for people who are long term and are looking to grow within a growing company.

Interview Questions

• What do you ultimately want to be in life?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond to a customer that come in daily and you find that you have negative interactions with them?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

They brought in several cards with different words on them. I forget what the cards said but they were like "courage, decisiveness, ambition, etc" and they would ask you to rank the importance of each. They also asked a little bit about my previous customer service experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Typical interview. Interview by 2 coaches.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

It was easy and I was excited. They made the company look very appealing. I applied online and then i recieved a prescreening call. Right after speakign with the hr associate I was offered an in person interview. I arrived and was initially shown a video with three other potential hires. After the video they split us up and we each had two interviews with current management staff. It was pretty positive and they mainly wanted to see if we fit into the atmosphere of the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer
    • Why are you applying for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation of benefits of salary what they offer is what you get and if you don't lik eit you don't accept the job.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

First meet with the human resource person. They give you a tour of the two sales floors so you can get an understanding of how the environment. Then you have two one on one sessions with two coaches. From observing their interviewing technique it seems they always have a plan when going in. Sometime its good cop, bad cop and sometimes they both grill you on just sales questions. When you done your walked out of the building. I received a call in two hours letting me know I go the job.

Sales Associate-Promoter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at ING Direct (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

The process was very straight forward with no surprises, they let you know how everything is going to go before you arrive for the interview. They even disclose salary and expectations before interview. They have nothing to hide... You usually interview with 1 or 2 maanagers or coahes to see how well you interact with them and other associates. They want real people who are eager to learn and not set in their ways.

Interview Questions

• They did not have any unexpected questions except for the usuL "NAME a time you failed at something""   Answer Question