ING Financial Adviser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Financial Adviser Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Got a call to come in for an interview. Showed up and it was for an information presentation. It was me as well as 4 or 5 others and they called us in and we sat through a presentation given by the VP about the process of being an financial adviser. It was all compensation and you really need a big clientele in order to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a great fit as a financial adviser?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ING

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ING (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Pretty common financial planner/adviser entry-level position; they ask you to fill out a list of potential customers you can solicit packaged financial products to. The interview was pretty informal and unappealing as they continued to press you for how many people you would be able to bring over with you.

Interview Questions

• How much do you think you would be able to bring over in assets your first year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Bellevue, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter followed by a group interview that is really more of a sales pitch (think Ben Affleck in Boiler Room). After this you are given the opportunity to return for an interview with a senior financial adviser where you present them with a business plan detailing how you plan to attract clients.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

The first step was coming in for a presentation. I was in a room with about 12 others. A sales manager comes in to talk about the company history and what the job entails. You have the opportunity to ask questions throughout the presentation. After the career preview, you have to choice to decide whether you are still interested in pursuing this career. If you are, you sign up for a phone interview. My phone interview took about 30 minutes. I was asked about my work history, where I want to be in 5 years, why this career, etc.