ING Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial meeting was an information session, came back for an interview and didn't receive follow up. Whole interview process seemed a bit rushed. They basically want to know how many connections you have.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ING

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Before you interview you are interview with a group of people then they call you back for a second interview then you have a third interview. When your called out of the group if not in the first group don't waste you time going to any other interview they already know who they want to hire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (McLean, VA).

Interview

The initial communication process was wonderful, the recruiters and schedulers seemed very wiling to work with the recruits. My initial interview was a phone-interview. That interview seemed to go smoothly and was granted an in-person interview. The interviewer seemed to be slightly pretentious and disingenuous. As soon as I was seated in the conference room, I realized that this may not be something that I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• This was not a question, but a portion of the interview. I had to compile a list of ten people who could be potential financial clients and then rank them according to their net-worth. I found that to be rather degrading and it was using the recruit for their connections, not skills.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Unpaid Training, Build your own clients, have to build your client base before license support, rather care-free environment even though they claim to care about your success. All the clients you sell in the beginning your trainer receives most of the commission.

Commission only was not for me

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Career Preview with a medium size group which the VP of Operations will come in and talk about what the job title requires and goes through a broad description. After this meeting you will be able to sign up for a meeting if you want to continue. Then you will have a 1 on 1 with financial advisor. If you get passed along you get a 1 on 1 with VP of Operations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ING (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online through a college job site, was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Asked to come in to nearest location for an "interview" -- was a group information session. VP of the office came in to sell the sales positions to us then asked anyone interested to sign up for a real interview after the fact. Signed up for a real interview, and never got called...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Three rounds:
    1. Job overview -- given by VP to a group of 6 or so candidates
    2. 1-on-1 meeting with manager to discuss the opportunity in greater detail, ask about your goals and where you see yourself in the next 5 & 10 years
    3. Meeting with VP. Give a presentation answering why ING, why you, and what your natural market is

Interview Questions

The job has no base salary and no benefits. Also, during the licensing period there is no compensation whatsoever so it is not favorable for a recent college graduate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

The Process took a week. They brought in a group of about 15 recent college grads or people with a year of experience. It was pretty much a presentation about the company and position. I had just finished a year at a pretty reputable firm so this all seem liked a joke. They don't sponsor you for a series 7 (but they reimburse you if you pass), and you don't necessarily receive a salary either, all competitive.

After the presentation the guy gave everyone a minute to decide if this was something of interest, about 70% of the people walked out.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, they did not expect much of the candidates. Just were looking for fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I got this interview through my university job board. I was brought in for a quick fit interview on campus that lasted around 20 minutes. The next step was a career preview/full interview with the Vice President of the Jersey City Branch. The career preview was a 2 hour presentation that hyped up the job. The next step was your typical one on one with the VP that was not difficult at all.

It is not for ING, it was for the McAdam Financial group, which pays a fee to use the ING name. A quick Google search will tell you all you need to know about this company. Stay away.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Go in for an informational session and then you can sign up for an interview right after or come back if you are interested. This interview is with someone with a management position and if they like you they send you on a final interview with someone higher up. Really looking for someone with a good personality and that shows they can handle the work load.

Interview Questions

• General questions for your interview and asked about biggest failure/accomplishment. Most unexpected question was regarding what my family was like.   Answer Question