ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ING (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It seems the process took longer than it should have. Everyone involved was pleasant, however. The order of the format of the interviews seemed backwards, as an in-person interview with an analyst preceded a phone interview with a director.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

If you want to work in Market risk management, you should avoid this place. You will be doing a lot of product control work (daily p&l generation, monthly prior testing).

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

on-site interviews with three people at capital market team, great people, they are very nice in the process and friendly. The team was more focused on domestic high-yield bonds issuers, so you may want to review the paper relates to rating process

Interview Questions

• your biggest accomplishment, past experiences, a lot of behavior questions. they also did a onsite test afterwards, but i wasn't selected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial meeting was an information session, came back for an interview and didn't receive follow up. Whole interview process seemed a bit rushed. They basically want to know how many connections you have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Before you interview you are interview with a group of people then they call you back for a second interview then you have a third interview. When your called out of the group if not in the first group don't waste you time going to any other interview they already know who they want to hire

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through campus recruiting. One of the interviewers was very friendly, while the other was not. They did not ask any technical questions, but wanted to see how much you knew about the company and commercial banking. Both acted as if I was on the right track with my answers, but I did not receive any notification about the job until almost a month later.

Interview Questions

• If someone calls and asks for a loan, what questions would you ask to see if they are eligible.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ING in October 2014.

Interview

The questions are easy. They are all behavior based, and no unexpected question. The only thing to note is that remember to check the company's info first. I had two interviews, both of which asked me why I choose this company. So I guess they really hope applicants are familiar with their company.

Financial Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Got a call to come in for an interview. Showed up and it was for an information presentation. It was me as well as 4 or 5 others and they called us in and we sat through a presentation given by the VP about the process of being an financial adviser. It was all compensation and you really need a big clientele in order to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a great fit as a financial adviser?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Although at times it seemed like a waste of my time. The first interview was just informational, 2nd was with one sales reps, and the last was with the vp of the office. I will say it was annoying that I was not compensated for the amount of money I spent on traveling to their office for interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (McLean, VA).

Interview

The initial communication process was wonderful, the recruiters and schedulers seemed very wiling to work with the recruits. My initial interview was a phone-interview. That interview seemed to go smoothly and was granted an in-person interview. The interviewer seemed to be slightly pretentious and disingenuous. As soon as I was seated in the conference room, I realized that this may not be something that I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• This was not a question, but a portion of the interview. I had to compile a list of ten people who could be potential financial clients and then rank them according to their net-worth. I found that to be rather degrading and it was using the recruit for their connections, not skills.   Answer Question