ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.8

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

If you want to work in Market risk management, you should avoid this place. You will be doing a lot of product control work (daily p&l generation, monthly prior testing).

Young Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at ING (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2014.

Interview

The interviewer is rude and not even say hi when I went to interview..Yelling at the people and impolite behavior with angry talking DURING the interview..Hell, I never see this type of interviewer in Amsterdam. It happened in Amsterdam ING office in Bijmer. And he said he was working as coach in ING

Interview Questions

• C++ code, My job is Javascript based.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ING (Atlanta, GA) in April 2007.

Interview

The overall hirign process was intense. 1st round of interview was with a 8 individual attorneys for 30 minutes each. 2nd round I interviewed with Director of Infrastructure & head of IT. 3rd round I had a 30 minute interview with the CIO. 4th round, I interviewed with the General Counsel for 1 hour. they drilled me on my passed experience and knowledge of technology law, technology processes and general contracting procedures.

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the question difficult. I did feel however that some of the business people did not have a strong grasp on the overall contracting process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Keep an open mind and let them put their best offer on the table. The paid me $10,000 more than I asked.

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING in November 2013.

Interview

Technicals focused interview, testing concepts of valuation. Also has a fit component that made sure candidate understood the commitments required to perform well on the job. One of the interviewers was friendly while the other was more direct.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2017.

Interview

Directly start my application procedure after submitting the online application. The motivation for bank and ING is really important. The company is highly efficient. There are 3 rounds of online assessment, testing your personality, logic, reading, leadership...The result might be random but you can still prepare for that. Before each round, the HR can provide some guidance that really helps you to prepare. HR interview will basically ask some normal questions, like why banking, not the other technical giants, why ING. The board interview can go any direction, including your hobby and your exprience on CV.

Interview Questions

• Why Banking? Why ING? Why not small Fintech?   Answer Question
    • Please give an example that can demonstrate your leadership.   Answer Question
    • What kind of challenges do you see banking industry is currently facing? Where can you help?   Answer Question

Cyber Crime Emergency Response Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katowice (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING (Katowice (Poland)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted over phone and was invited for an interview in Katowice. I went there and the conversation was quite positive and not many techical questions were asked. They even implied that I had a great chance to get the position and told me that I would get an answer in 2 weeks (meaning that it was the final step)

However, for some reason, while I was actually expecting an offical answer (and probably an offer), they re-invited me for the second interview in person. I went there again, and the people who interviewed me this time didn't even know that I was there for the second time. This time, they asked much more technical questions, some of which I couldn't answer. I explained them that I hadn't been working on a technical position and that's why I had forgotten some of the stuff but I was commited to regain everything ASAP. They told me that I was going to get an answer in 2 weeks, yet again.
    However, I waited for 3 weeks and no answer came, finally decided to call the HR lady and right after our talk, I received the rejection email, so the process wasn't that professional.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Linux Security and permissions?   Answer Question

Traineeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2016.

Interview

The procedure starts with sending in your CV and answering some questions concerning your motivation for the traineeship. In the second round, there are two assessments, one tests your cognitive skills and the other is a personality test that assesses whether you match the orange code. Thereafter, there is are 2 interviews with HR and finally a meeting with the board.

Interview Questions

• General questions about motivation and CV
      Questions about ING:
      What is the last new item you remember concerning the ING Bank?
      What is the biggest challenge you believe the bank is facing?
      Questions about skills:
      Can you describe a difficult situation in a team and how you solved the problem?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2013.

Interview

The first round was a phone screening. It followed by an online test with quantitative and qualitative sections. Then the selected candidates will be gathered to Amsterdam, the Netherlands for on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your employee does not listen to you?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Eindhoven (Netherlands)) in December 2016.

Interview

zwaar gesprek, zowel technisch als persoonlijk, werd veel doorgevraagd voornamelijk op welke keuzes ik gemaakt had bij bepaalde dingen en hoe ik met conflicten om ben gegaan. Ze zoeken mensen met een passie voor de IT

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ING (Bucharest (Romania)) in October 2016.

Interview

Just attended a technical interview, imagine hr discussion would come later. Discussion was pleasant and free. It all started from experience listed in my resume. Interviews took the time to present the company and the team, talking about the future.

Interview Questions

• Role play: give an example of how you would coach a product owner upset his change was not accepted   Answer Question