ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process begins with an informational interview, which is really just an hour and a half of ING selling itself to you. Then you can go on to an individual interview if you would like to pursue the job further. This is a sales position and commission-based, plus you have to pay for the classes and licenses, so I was not interested.

Interview Questions

• You have to ask them about the worst-case scenario regarding income, since otherwise they will only tell you averages and best-case scenarios.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Interview

I was a rehire to this position. The process was my ex-boss notifying me of a position, we negotiated and I was brought back in as a manager.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

I just finished up undergrad, majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance. I had an interview lined up with ING on my last day of finals. Basically, this is how it went:
    1. There was a 1 hr presentation, where there are 2 people who give you a powerpoint presentation. They showed us a CNN article where it showed the average salary of a financial advisor and how being a financial advisor is in the top 10 most lucrative careers of America. Basically trying to sell the idea of being a financial advisor
    2. There was a one on one interview. Easy as hell, really anyone can pass this. Questions like why financial advising? OR do you have any questions for me?
    The program for new advisors was this: a $30,000 salary for a 24 month program ($15,000) per year. They expect you to work fulltime during this period, so this is a godaweful deal.

Interview Questions

• The program for new advisors was this: a $30,000 salary for a 24 month training program ($15,000) per year. They expect you to work fulltime during this period, so this is a godaweful deal.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

1 phone call, 1 group overview of company, 1 on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the Financial Industry especially in this economy?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING in January 2013.

Interview

Went in thinking I had an interview only to walk into a room with about 8 others who all thought the same as me. Made it sound like a total interview on the phone only to discover this disappointment. Seemed like a scan. Total salesman selling a lucrative sounding career. Was offered a chance to sign up after two hours of being sold on the career. Would have had to drive three hours back to the office for an job I would have declined if offered a position anyway.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions because we were all in the room being sold on the company. Would have had to go back another day to actually be interviewed   Answer Question

Interview

The interviewer is nice to me, and we talked mainly on what have you done before, how to treat emergency, how do you coperate with others, and you can ask your own questions at the end. Like, discribe a situation that you feel it is a real tuff time for you and how you solved it?

Interview Questions

• Discribe a situation that you feel it is a real tuff time for you and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Technical interview

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING (Brussels (Belgium)).

Interview

1st step: I've been contacted on my mobile by the HR officer who asked me the reasons of my application and the contact of my former manager for references (who has been contacted two days after)

2nd step: I have got an email from the HR officer requesting me to compile an online personality test as well as an online mathematical test, two days before the interview

3rd step: face-to-face technical interview (1 hour) + HR interview (1 hours and 1/2)

4th step: HR manager interview + financial proposal

Interview Questions

• I was asked to provide a real example for every answer I have given (i.e: "Are you a team player? Why? Can you provide me an example?")   1 Answer

The economic proposal was well below the standards.
    The human feeling I have got with the HR department during the interviews was really negative.
    Another remark is that in order to be fair the request of a reference from the former job should be the LAST step in an interview process, just before the sign of the contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

they gonna come up with team interiew first and secong they gonna ask you to build a marketing plan to promote their product

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Initial phone interview and then a group session shortly after, session was with about half a dozen other potentials. Very slick presentation, hyped up the positives and potential of working for ING but seemed to avoid any negatives besides "you gotta work for it." Basic financial advising framework and setup.