ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

It was very chill, mostly behavioral questions. They asked the typical "tell me about yourself," and "how do you deal with a crisis situation?" The first half was also mostly them talking about their experience working there, so that was very informative and calming.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview with Director and MD
    Telephone interview with HR followed by a face to face with director and line managers. Lastly, face to face with MD of Transportation Finance department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)).

Interview

The recruitment process is quite easy for Luxembourg if you prepared it. It is composed of two steps:
    1. HR phone interview
    2. Skype interview with a manager

The recruiting team is very welcoming

Corporate Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview with 3 people from the relevant department, starting with going through the CV.
    They put into question anything from your CV and ask very detailed questions about the companies you worked before. Overall, I felt they were very skeptical from the start - at least it felt that way. Perhaps they do it on purpose. This made this interview slightly more difficult than the other I had.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through valuation of a deal you made
      Valuation methods   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Completely unclear from A to Z
    - I had to ask confirmation several times if the (phone and face to face) interviews will effectively take place (I never received news proactively)
    - no transparency about the next steps of the recruitment process
    - the interview has been postponed at the latest minute
    - the interviewer came late and the receptionist did not know what was the process
    - last but not least: the position was already fulfilled before my interview took place (loss of time for the recruiters and for myself)

Very bad experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then had an on campus interview, they brought two recruiters and they were very nice and easy to talk too. mostly behavioral questions with one technical

Interview Questions

• they asked me to choose between two companies to lend money too, and how i would value them   Answer Question

Global Markets Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING in October 2017.

Interview

Short Microsoft Excel and written communication test followed by interview, held at a university. Both lasted approximately half an hour and were conducted by members of the current team, who were friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the major threats to the stability of the global economy?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

I received an email that said that I was accepted to interview. They came to my school and two interviewers, one an alumnus of my school and the other an HR rep, interviewed me. Mostly behavioral questions; why do you want this job, why ING, why did you apply, what makes you stand out as an applicant. There was also a question about a case study, but it was super minimal. After the interview, I was invited to take online testing; I passed the math, critical reading, and HR scenarios test. I didn't answer the "Work Strengths" test questions the way they wanted, and was no longer considered for review.

Interview Questions

• Easy case study about issuing a loan to Nike when they come up to you ready to launch a new product, why ING, etc.   Answer Question

Structured Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. I had an on-campus interview and phone interview. Both were approximately 30 minutes and designed to get to know the candidate better. Mostly fit-based questions.

Financial Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Very thorough process. There were 3 rounds. 1 was just an intro and the 2nd was more in depth and with an executive. The third interview you were to bring ideas to the table.