ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.8

Wholesale Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I started out with 3 quizzes about situation works stuff, a math test, and a personality test. Then I had a phone screen with HR contact, then a "super day" with 3 sets of interviews that were each 30 minutes with one or two people interviewing me at once

Interview Questions

• phone - value starbucks as a company and how would you determine if you would issue debt to them
      in person - almost completely behavioural (tell me about yourself, why are you interested in the company, outline your quantitative skills, what do you know about ING) - this may have been because I was very upfront about not having quantitative exposure to finance at all and I had a very diverse background/experience in econ/CS
      Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

The interview process was professional. In my opinion the questions were too focused on how many "boxes you check", rather than your story and value proposition that you can bring to the position. This lack of flexibility and imagination makes me think that they are missing out on better talent in preference for a perfect square for a square hole.

Interview Questions

• What similar experience do you have that make you suitable for this position?   Answer Question

IITP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ING (Amsterdam (Netherlands)).

Interview

Started out with a basic resume screening. When that stage is over there are some test (numeric,...) you have to take. Then i had a motivational interview with HR, since i live abroad it was over Skype but it can also be face to face. Finally i was invited for a talk/ interview with 3 managers (partly motivational partly technical questions).

Interview Questions

• Why do you wantto work for us?
      Why this sector?
      What do you know about us?
      Where do you want to be in 5 year?
      How do you work in group?
      What was your thesis about? (+is there a relation with this job?)
      ....
      Answer Question

Apprenti Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (Paris (France)).

Interview

Il faut postuler en ligne. Ensuite, un premier contact est établi avec la RH. Si le premier entretien est concluant, le deuxième est organisé avec un Manager + RH. Lors de l'entretien d'embauche, il convient de se présenter et d'apporter une cohérence entre les expériences professionnels exercées avec le poste à pourvoir. Mise en place d'une journée d'intégration.

Interview Questions

• Quelles sont vos plus belles réussites ? Combien de langues parlez-vous ? Avez-vous déjà eu une expérience en banque ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ING (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It seems the process took longer than it should have. Everyone involved was pleasant, however. The order of the format of the interviews seemed backwards, as an in-person interview with an analyst preceded a phone interview with a director.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ING (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Submitted my CV, received a call to come down for an interview. Lasted about half an hour asking the usual questions, e.g. more about my other internship/work experiences, what did I do, strengths/weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your strengths can help you in this internship?   Answer Question

Risk Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Moscow (Russia)) in August 2014.

Interview

Three stages. HR. Home Task. They give you two hours to write your analysis. If you dont have any experience it could be difficult. Then if you succeed you will be invited to conversation with CRO.

Traineeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in November 2016.

Interview

The procedure starts with sending in your CV and answering some questions concerning your motivation for the traineeship. In the second round, there are two assessments, one tests your cognitive skills and the other is a personality test that assesses whether you match the orange code. Thereafter, there is are 2 interviews with HR and finally a meeting with the board.

Interview Questions

• General questions about motivation and CV
      Questions about ING:
      What is the last new item you remember concerning the ING Bank?
      What is the biggest challenge you believe the bank is facing?
      Questions about skills:
      Can you describe a difficult situation in a team and how you solved the problem?
      1 Answer

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ING (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

If you want to work in Market risk management, you should avoid this place. You will be doing a lot of product control work (daily p&l generation, monthly prior testing).

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2013.

Interview

The first round was a phone screening. It followed by an online test with quantitative and qualitative sections. Then the selected candidates will be gathered to Amsterdam, the Netherlands for on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your employee does not listen to you?   Answer Question