ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.8

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ING in October 2014.

Interview

The questions are easy. They are all behavior based, and no unexpected question. The only thing to note is that remember to check the company's info first. I had two interviews, both of which asked me why I choose this company. So I guess they really hope applicants are familiar with their company.

Financial Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Got a call to come in for an interview. Showed up and it was for an information presentation. It was me as well as 4 or 5 others and they called us in and we sat through a presentation given by the VP about the process of being an financial adviser. It was all compensation and you really need a big clientele in order to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a great fit as a financial adviser?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

Met with manager, HR and the business. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. Straight forward... discussed past experiences. After interview, was given an offer from a call from management.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to talk technology and explain your design decisions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter through my school. Interview process was pretty basic. Had to interview with 3 people. They asked me to talk a little bit about myself then they asked me a bunch of behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected, just review the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to take complicated information, simplify it and present it to someone   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Although at times it seemed like a waste of my time. The first interview was just informational, 2nd was with one sales reps, and the last was with the vp of the office. I will say it was annoying that I was not compensated for the amount of money I spent on traveling to their office for interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online following a Monster posting and was contacted within a week. After passing the phone screening, I was invited to come in to the office for the first interview. When I showed up to the interview, I met with other intern candidates, which was unexpected. We were grouped together and given an overview and introduction by HR. There was another interview round thereafter, whereby all the candidates were interviewed individually by members of the various departments at the office. Offers were extended in a matter of weeks, but interns did not get to choose under which department.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that I considered difficult or unexpected. Consistently the interviewers across the various departments appeared to be interested in learning about my background and what prompted me to pursue the MBA program. There were also questions on why I selected to attend the business school that I did, pros and cons to pursuing the program full-time vs. part-time, and what I considered to be the advantages/benefits of an internship.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase. It was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (McLean, VA).

Interview

The initial communication process was wonderful, the recruiters and schedulers seemed very wiling to work with the recruits. My initial interview was a phone-interview. That interview seemed to go smoothly and was granted an in-person interview. The interviewer seemed to be slightly pretentious and disingenuous. As soon as I was seated in the conference room, I realized that this may not be something that I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• This was not a question, but a portion of the interview. I had to compile a list of ten people who could be potential financial clients and then rank them according to their net-worth. I found that to be rather degrading and it was using the recruit for their connections, not skills.   Answer Question

IT Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview was on the phone and in person. Met with manager and who was nice as well as my managers manager. But cordial and friendly, no technical test, basic questions on why looking and past experience.

Interview Questions

• None really, just be flexible, in IT, be able to work around weekends and if needed on holidays. Knowldge on Omni, experience with Omni.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Icounetred, but they offered partial telecommuting which was great, accepted.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Unpaid Training, Build your own clients, have to build your client base before license support, rather care-free environment even though they claim to care about your success. All the clients you sell in the beginning your trainer receives most of the commission.

Commission only was not for me

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Career Preview with a medium size group which the VP of Operations will come in and talk about what the job title requires and goes through a broad description. After this meeting you will be able to sign up for a meeting if you want to continue. Then you will have a 1 on 1 with financial advisor. If you get passed along you get a 1 on 1 with VP of Operations