ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed through campus recruiting. One of the interviewers was very friendly, while the other was not. They did not ask any technical questions, but wanted to see how much you knew about the company and commercial banking. Both acted as if I was on the right track with my answers, but I did not receive any notification about the job until almost a month later.

Interview Questions

• If someone calls and asks for a loan, what questions would you ask to see if they are eligible.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview followed by two face to face interviews at the location in Des Moines. The hiring manager is really nice and professional. The company is experiencing tons of growth and there is plenty of opportunities for people who are hardworking and looking to join and be apart of a team!

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you can make a difference or be a benefit to helping grow our company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Two round interview. One phone the other on-site. Fairly straightforward, the interviewers were really nice and genuinely wanted to know you. The first round was going over things on resume, leadership,volunteer, research, past jobs. Second round consisted of 7 thirty minute back to back mini interviews. Had varying interviewers, some unconventional most were pretty straightforward

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for the customer service position they had posted on their website. A few days later I was sent an email to do an assessment. After I had completed it, I was contacted again via email about a good time to contact me. The recuiter called the next day and went over pay, job description etc. I was told I'd hear back in a few days from the onsite hiring manager. Sure enough she called that following Monday and I had a 10 minute phone interview. Once I successfully completed the phone interview she scheduled me to come in the next day for an on site interview.
    I came to the interview early and the new hiring manager complimented me on that. The building is quite large but has a quiet small environment. We went into the conference room and from there she asked me the formal questions.
    After the interview she stated I would hear something back that Friday or the following week.
    Friday came and the recuiter sent me some paperwork I needed to sign and fax or email in. Monday came and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Procurement Interview

Interview

Submitted application through online website, heard back about interview within 3 weeks
    One round of interview for 2 hours
    General questions, tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses
    Spoke to four professionals from the department
    Heard back within four weeks of interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed at something (not really difficult)   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ING in October 2014.

Interview

The questions are easy. They are all behavior based, and no unexpected question. The only thing to note is that remember to check the company's info first. I had two interviews, both of which asked me why I choose this company. So I guess they really hope applicants are familiar with their company.

Financial Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Got a call to come in for an interview. Showed up and it was for an information presentation. It was me as well as 4 or 5 others and they called us in and we sat through a presentation given by the VP about the process of being an financial adviser. It was all compensation and you really need a big clientele in order to be successful.

Vice President Interview

Interview

Met with manager, HR and the business. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. Straight forward... discussed past experiences. After interview, was given an offer from a call from management.

Interview Questions

• Be ready to talk technology and explain your design decisions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter through my school. Interview process was pretty basic. Had to interview with 3 people. They asked me to talk a little bit about myself then they asked me a bunch of behavioral questions. Nothing unexpected, just review the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to take complicated information, simplify it and present it to someone   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Although at times it seemed like a waste of my time. The first interview was just informational, 2nd was with one sales reps, and the last was with the vp of the office. I will say it was annoying that I was not compensated for the amount of money I spent on traveling to their office for interviews.