ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Financial Advisor Trainee/ Interview

Application

I interviewed at ING in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online through school's Career Services website and received a phone call a few days afterwards to schedule an in-person interview. I thought I was interviewing for an internship with a firm, but was instead meeting with an independent contractor. The interview was not very in-depth and for the most part involved me walking the interviewer through my resume. The internship was unpaid, for 40 hours per week, and involved mostly cold calling to get customers connected with the financial advisor.

Interview Questions

Unpaid internship, required 30+ minute drive to and from work, and was not applicable for what I was searching

Operations Interview

Interview

HR telephone screen, criminal background check, two-stage interview process with hiring manager and hiring manager's manager. Somewhat casual, standard interview questions, no technical evaluation or test given. Focused on gaining general background of candidate but not a critical evaluation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ING (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied online through a college job site, was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. Asked to come in to nearest location for an "interview" -- was a group information session. VP of the office came in to sell the sales positions to us then asked anyone interested to sign up for a real interview after the fact. Signed up for a real interview, and never got called...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Three rounds:
    1. Job overview -- given by VP to a group of 6 or so candidates
    2. 1-on-1 meeting with manager to discuss the opportunity in greater detail, ask about your goals and where you see yourself in the next 5 & 10 years
    3. Meeting with VP. Give a presentation answering why ING, why you, and what your natural market is

Interview Questions

The job has no base salary and no benefits. Also, during the licensing period there is no compensation whatsoever so it is not favorable for a recent college graduate.

Vice President Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

First round intrerview with junior associate final round with regional manager one on one setting in office straight forward just asked to go over my resume and explain my prior experience within the wealth management field. talked about how it is a very client facing industry and that was something i was drawn to

100 percent commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

The Process took a week. They brought in a group of about 15 recent college grads or people with a year of experience. It was pretty much a presentation about the company and position. I had just finished a year at a pretty reputable firm so this all seem liked a joke. They don't sponsor you for a series 7 (but they reimburse you if you pass), and you don't necessarily receive a salary either, all competitive.

After the presentation the guy gave everyone a minute to decide if this was something of interest, about 70% of the people walked out.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, they did not expect much of the candidates. Just were looking for fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I got this interview through my university job board. I was brought in for a quick fit interview on campus that lasted around 20 minutes. The next step was a career preview/full interview with the Vice President of the Jersey City Branch. The career preview was a 2 hour presentation that hyped up the job. The next step was your typical one on one with the VP that was not difficult at all.

It is not for ING, it was for the McAdam Financial group, which pays a fee to use the ING name. A quick Google search will tell you all you need to know about this company. Stay away.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ING (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The company uses behavioral interviewing. It takes a while to hear back. Do your research on this type of interviewing and you will do fine. Most questions are requesting that you use examples of current work experiences.

Interview Questions

• The questions are specific to behavioral interviewing asking about a situation, actions and results.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Go in for an informational session and then you can sign up for an interview right after or come back if you are interested. This interview is with someone with a management position and if they like you they send you on a final interview with someone higher up. Really looking for someone with a good personality and that shows they can handle the work load.

Interview Questions

• General questions for your interview and asked about biggest failure/accomplishment. Most unexpected question was regarding what my family was like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Group presentation then sign up for 1 on 1 interview, then a interview where you present a business plan. If they like your business plan, then you get the offer for the job. You get paid training and a mentor, but you are on your own after that. Pretty simple interview process.

All commission