ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.8

Vice President Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

First round intrerview with junior associate final round with regional manager one on one setting in office straight forward just asked to go over my resume and explain my prior experience within the wealth management field. talked about how it is a very client facing industry and that was something i was drawn to

100 percent commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

The Process took a week. They brought in a group of about 15 recent college grads or people with a year of experience. It was pretty much a presentation about the company and position. I had just finished a year at a pretty reputable firm so this all seem liked a joke. They don't sponsor you for a series 7 (but they reimburse you if you pass), and you don't necessarily receive a salary either, all competitive.

After the presentation the guy gave everyone a minute to decide if this was something of interest, about 70% of the people walked out.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, they did not expect much of the candidates. Just were looking for fit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I got this interview through my university job board. I was brought in for a quick fit interview on campus that lasted around 20 minutes. The next step was a career preview/full interview with the Vice President of the Jersey City Branch. The career preview was a 2 hour presentation that hyped up the job. The next step was your typical one on one with the VP that was not difficult at all.

It is not for ING, it was for the McAdam Financial group, which pays a fee to use the ING name. A quick Google search will tell you all you need to know about this company. Stay away.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ING (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The company uses behavioral interviewing. It takes a while to hear back. Do your research on this type of interviewing and you will do fine. Most questions are requesting that you use examples of current work experiences.

Interview Questions

• The questions are specific to behavioral interviewing asking about a situation, actions and results.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ING (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Go in for an informational session and then you can sign up for an interview right after or come back if you are interested. This interview is with someone with a management position and if they like you they send you on a final interview with someone higher up. Really looking for someone with a good personality and that shows they can handle the work load.

Interview Questions

• General questions for your interview and asked about biggest failure/accomplishment. Most unexpected question was regarding what my family was like.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Group presentation then sign up for 1 on 1 interview, then a interview where you present a business plan. If they like your business plan, then you get the offer for the job. You get paid training and a mentor, but you are on your own after that. Pretty simple interview process.

All commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Had an initial group interview/information session, then had one-on-one, then asked back for another round and declined. They asked if you could come back for the final round and have a "plan" to show them. This was essentially a list of 20 contacts, their location, occupation, relationship. I assume you would bring them in and then your "mentor" talks to them on your behalf. Seemed like a lot of young people in the office.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

there were 3 interviews. The first was a phone interview, the second was a follow up call and the third was a one on one. Overall I'd say it was a relatively pleasant experience and definitely not the most taxing of interview processes.

Senior Markeiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING (West Chester, PA).

Interview

Interviewed with 3. Managers

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Go in for an informational session with other people. Invite you to come back for a 1v1 interview with a senior level guy which is pretty straight forward. Just express you really want the job. If good, then invited back to meet with branch manager which is basically the same as before. Just show you can speak to people and really want the job.