ING Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ING Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

there were 3 interviews. The first was a phone interview, the second was a follow up call and the third was a one on one. Overall I'd say it was a relatively pleasant experience and definitely not the most taxing of interview processes.

Senior Markeiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING (West Chester, PA).

Interview

Interviewed with 3. Managers

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Go in for an informational session with other people. Invite you to come back for a 1v1 interview with a senior level guy which is pretty straight forward. Just express you really want the job. If good, then invited back to meet with branch manager which is basically the same as before. Just show you can speak to people and really want the job.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

First round will be a career preview with 10 or so other people. Then you'll come in for a one one one interview with a manager and then meet for the final interview with a higher up and be asked to have a marketing plan prepared which is basically who you would want to target

Interview Questions

• Why ING? Why financial advisor? What are the 3 most important qualities in a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ING.

Interview

I was told that usually the first step in the interview process is a group info session, however, since an alum from my school is a member of senior management I had an on campus 1on1 interview first. Interview process is pretty straightforward. They ask you why you would like to be an advisor, what would make you a good advisor, and how would you fit in to their team. My interviewer really stressed his notion of teamwork. He asked what strengths do I posses that would enable me to work well in a team setting about 5 or 6 different ways.

Interview Questions

• I know this is kind of a conventional interview question, so much so that I thought it would never be asked in an actual interview, but he asked me what I though my greatest weakness was.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through Career Services and was contacted for an interview by HR after the deadline had closed. The interview itself was 4 rounds, each about 15 minutes each with different professionals in the department and eventually the director as the final interviewer. Everyone was very welcoming and polite, and I look forward to applying again next spring.

Interview Questions

• If I asked one of your professors, how they would describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had interview through campus recruiting, and acquired final interview for ING financial partners. The process was simple.

Interview Questions

Interview

Process is fairly quick. The interviewers are not very skilled in asking questions or with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No there was no negotiation phase.

Procurement Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ING (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume on school's job website and got the onsite interview. Everyone in the procurement department interviewed me. They were super nice people and did not ask any tricky questions. All questions are behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ING (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college job site, received a call about a week later from HR inviting me into their office to hear the VP of Sales speak. Afterwords there was a phone interview, an interview with the office sales manager, and the final interview was with the VP of sales. HR/Interviewers were very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• During the final interview with the VP of sales I was asked to do a presentation of why I would be a good fit at ING.   Answer Question

Employers did not give me any reason to believe they were going to invest in me. Financial advisors have to bring their own laptops into work, and the pay is 100% commission based, despite what they initially tell you.