INL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

INL Interview Questions

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.4

CAD Drafter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at INL.

Interview

it was long by the time I heard from anyone I had already forgotten and assumed that they had hired someone else by the time I had heard anything, and they first did a phone interview and then I was called in for a actual interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at INL in April 2017.

Interview

Received an email from my mentor to schedule a phone interview. Talked for about an hour discussing the project I'd be working on, the lab I'd be working in, and process of relocating.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INL (Durham, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone call from the HR and several questions about my experience. He also asked some questions about my current stages of PhD education and what time do I expect to graduate.

Interview Questions

• Which team I would like to work in and how do I plan to stay in INL   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in February 2017.

Interview

1st had a phone interview with a supervisor and hiring manager. The next interview was an in person interview with 2 groups. Also had to do a drug screen.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone call. Asked me basic questions. Told me about what job I would be doing. Asked if I had experience with any of it and if not, if I was a fast learner. Easy process.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in June 2016.

Interview

About two to three weeks after closing HR contacts you to schedule an interview. They want to have an interview in person until you ask about travel expenses at which point they have to check with the manager and within two days they will call to say a phone screen will work. You are sent an interview time confirmation email along with a five page application with four additional forms that you must complete and submit within 5 days of the interview.
    The interviews follow a script so all candidates are asked the same thing. Sometimes the interviewer will congratulate you on making it to being one of the five or six candidates they are interviewing because the competition was very high (usually means you won't be getting the job). At the end of the process the interviewer will say when they will be making a decision and that they will be getting back to you. Maybe 10% of managers will get back to you if they have selected someone else, usually you get an email about three months later informing you that the position has been filled. Interviewing with INL is good but the follow through to let you know what happened with the position is terrible.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with new challenges?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INL in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site. Very professional. All interviews were with a panel. Questions were all scripted so there was nothing on the fly. The majority of the questions were geared towards how you meet the posted job requirement.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

I saw the position posted on the INL website and applied. I received a call for a phone interview with the hiring manager and a research scientist about 6 weeks later. I received a call for an onsite tour, interview and seminar presentation about 4 weeks later. Received a job offer about two weeks after the site visit.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions: Strengths, weaknesses, conflict resolution with supervisor or fellow workers, safety issues, favorite research projects and significant contributions, and why I felt I was the most qualified for the position.   1 Answer

Computational Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in March 2016.

Interview

It took the whole day for the on-site interview. I met with almost ten people. Each person took 30 minutes. People are all nice and it is easy to talk with them.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at INL (Pocatello, ID) in March 2016.

Interview

They did a presentation at Idaho State University and then I applied online to their internship job posting. They came on a selected date and interviewed all the candidates from various programs that applied. They had different groups interviewing for different positions. The interview went well and was pretty laid back. Most questions were typical interview questions about you, work history, behavioral questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had a workplace conflict and what was the resolution?   Answer Question