INL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

INL Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.5

CAD Drafter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at INL.

Interview

it was long by the time I heard from anyone I had already forgotten and assumed that they had hired someone else by the time I had heard anything, and they first did a phone interview and then I was called in for a actual interview

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in February 2017.

Interview

1st had a phone interview with a supervisor and hiring manager. The next interview was an in person interview with 2 groups. Also had to do a drug screen.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in June 2016.

Interview

About two to three weeks after closing HR contacts you to schedule an interview. They want to have an interview in person until you ask about travel expenses at which point they have to check with the manager and within two days they will call to say a phone screen will work. You are sent an interview time confirmation email along with a five page application with four additional forms that you must complete and submit within 5 days of the interview.
    The interviews follow a script so all candidates are asked the same thing. Sometimes the interviewer will congratulate you on making it to being one of the five or six candidates they are interviewing because the competition was very high (usually means you won't be getting the job). At the end of the process the interviewer will say when they will be making a decision and that they will be getting back to you. Maybe 10% of managers will get back to you if they have selected someone else, usually you get an email about three months later informing you that the position has been filled. Interviewing with INL is good but the follow through to let you know what happened with the position is terrible.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with new challenges?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at INL in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site. Very professional. All interviews were with a panel. Questions were all scripted so there was nothing on the fly. The majority of the questions were geared towards how you meet the posted job requirement.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

I saw the position posted on the INL website and applied. I received a call for a phone interview with the hiring manager and a research scientist about 6 weeks later. I received a call for an onsite tour, interview and seminar presentation about 4 weeks later. Received a job offer about two weeks after the site visit.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions: Strengths, weaknesses, conflict resolution with supervisor or fellow workers, safety issues, favorite research projects and significant contributions, and why I felt I was the most qualified for the position.   1 Answer

Computational Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in March 2016.

Interview

It took the whole day for the on-site interview. I met with almost ten people. Each person took 30 minutes. People are all nice and it is easy to talk with them.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at INL (Pocatello, ID) in March 2016.

Interview

They did a presentation at Idaho State University and then I applied online to their internship job posting. They came on a selected date and interviewed all the candidates from various programs that applied. They had different groups interviewing for different positions. The interview went well and was pretty laid back. Most questions were typical interview questions about you, work history, behavioral questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had a workplace conflict and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Security Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in January 2016.

Interview

Filled out personal information documents and was set up for an online interview. Interview was a panel of employees asking me job-related questions and skill sets. Questions ranged from technical skills required for job, and the general generic "name a time there was conflict in a past job and how you addressed it", type of questions.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience working with circuit boards.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

You have a group of managers in the room. It can be intimidating if you let it. Try to have a good attitude and go in after you have calmed your nerves or you tend to get nervous and thrown off.

Interview Questions

• Lots of scenarios and how you would handle them.
      3 words to describe yourself
      how do you handle tough situations.
      1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at INL (Idaho Falls, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first and about 45 days later, one full day on site interview where you also give a presentation. Met with 5-6 people. Got the offer 3 months later. A very slow process. Be prepared to get a drug screen even if it wasn't mentioned on the interview schedule.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me a few behavioral questions such as what I would do if I don't agree with him and similar questions. Who do you want to be when you grew up? How important are publications? etc. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with the interview host. Overall a relatively easy interview.   Answer Question