IOActive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IOActive Interview Questions

3.1

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IOActive (West Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

I heard Chris Valasek speak about car hacking a their IOAsis suite and figured any company cool enough to be leading automobile security research could use a person like me. I sent my resume to their HR team, had three rounds of phone interviews and was flown into their Seattle HQ (which was amazing) for the in-person.

Interview Questions

• What was the payload and protocol of the packet of Death the l0pht presented to the US Congress? Who presented it and who did the research behind it?   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IOActive (Remote, OR) in November 2012.

Interview

The HR team is split across continents and time zones and it shows. Out of six interviews three we're missed and one side of the HR team was not aware of what the other seemed to be up to.

Interview Questions

Nothing about their HR process made me think these guys and girls were a stable environment for client service and employee growth.

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IOActive (San Francisco, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by an IOActive recruiter and it was the first time I didn't hang up the phone due to being annoyed at lack of understanding of our industry.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from embedded system hacking questions to questions about breaking thunderbolt stacks.   1 Answer

Director of Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IOActive (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Long long process, even when you are one of the "chosen ones" that the company wants.
    We are talking months of back and forth and bad HR (i.e. no HR) process.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at IOActive (Seattle, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

1 on 1 interview, then a long wait for a decision.

Sales Interview

Interview

3 to 4 interview stages, each stage with a different person. Final stage is face to face at their offices. The phone interviews were not difficult. I received messages after the interview to come to the office anytime which is strange since I didn't get a job offer

There were no trick questions ?

Interview Questions

• If you were to start next week, what would you have done?   Answer Question

Security Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IOActive.

Interview

You get interviewed by 3-4 people. Only one or two persons will be technical, the other are clueless... You have to show that you like to take things apart and break anything in front of you, software, networks, systems, business processes. You have to show that you are willing to travel all the time or get stuck in some village near Manchester for extended period of times.

Interview Questions

• Are you a breaker or a maker   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked 30-40% more than I expected.

Senior Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IOActive (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

I met IOActive at Congress in .de and started talking to one of their guys. What they were working on was unique so I asked if I they had any open positions for people writing fuzzers. They did and I was interviewing in their London office 2 weeks later, brilliant.

Interview Questions

• Was Rick Deckard a replicant and did he know how to bit shift?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was more than I was making at the moment so I was happy to take it. More than generous.