IPG Mediabrands Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPG Mediabrands Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at IPG Mediabrands

2.5

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview was a three hour process with two people, one senior and one colleague. Both people and the office were very welcoming and personable, and the interview was more of a conversation than a rigid Q&A. Following talks with each person, there were three quizzes/ actives including a quick data analysis exercise in Excel.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you manage and prioritize multiple projects at a time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was for a little lower than I asked, but in range. I negotiated for the number I originally asked for.

Other Interview Reviews for IPG Mediabrands

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through both university and a recruiter.

After applying for one month, I got the phone interview from HR asking basic behavioral questions.
    Then I was brought to a in-person interview meeting with five team members each for half an hour.
    They are very friendly and the office looks pretty good. The interview was more like a conversation than a strict Q&A. There were also some basic technical questions about statistics and programming.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview & recruitment process I've ever experienced. A senior analyst reached out to me about working for her team. I had a 30-min phone screen, followed by a final round of 5 interviews in their NYC office. They had 7 different interviewers come in (fellow analysts) & just walk through my resume skills. Very straightforward, although they didn't show me around the office or reimburse me for travel.

One week later, I was given the job offer in writing over email. My recruiter, a fellow analyst, said they couldn't provide an official contract until closer to graduation when I was ready to start (typical for ad agency). I gave her my start date, and she told me she started getting paperwork in order. Proceeded to ignore all my emails, and would read my LinkedIn messages & ignore them for the next 4 months. Reached out to 2 other interviewers, 4 people in HR, all with no response. I finally get in touch with 2 different HR reps, who write to me AND my college career advisor (the mutual connection who put us in contact) via email that they'll investigate the situation. I follow up with both of them, no response. It seems there was an HR overhaul & due to some internal miscommunication the job I was promised was never really an open position, but it was *extremely* unprofessional to be blatantly ignored by both people from my recruiting process & people outside of it. I reached out to people in various levels of HR and never got an answer as to what happened.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in SQL/What projects have you worked on with SQL?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The HR and technical teams are not on the same page. Highly under prepared HR, which resulted in waste of one working day for me. I was first screened by the Division head and then an in person interview was setup. It felt that the teams involved in arranging the interview were not in sync.

Interview Questions

• Nothing Technical, only behavioral question. Tell me about the most challenging project you have previously worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The overall experience was great. The HR department is working extremely hard to find the best candidates for the job. They were friendly and warranted a warm environment so you weren't nervous.

Interview Questions

• Name a project that I had to work on and its outcome.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

There was none. The interviewer and I agreed on a time. I waited 20 minutes after the scheduled time for her to call. She then sent me a cancellation notification via Google Calendars and did not respond to my follow up email asking why the interview was cancelled.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview about a week later. I waited for my phone call for 45 minutes, and never received a phone call. After waiting for 45 minutes, I sent an email to the recruiter asking to set up another time to talk, and was ignored. I sent another follow-up email a week later asking yet again to reschedule, and was told that the job had an offer pending to someone else. It would have been nice to know this before wasting my time preparing and waiting for the phone call for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any questions because they never called me.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

Very Slow process (3 months). High tech, diverse environment. Felt very confident as team told me they wanted me to come back for a final interview immediately after 1st and 2nd interviews but while I was waiting for them to set up a time but no reply. Constantly followed up but found out team was taking turns on vacation. About a month later, saying they filled the position and did not even get a chance to interview for them