IPG Mediabrands Applications Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IPG Mediabrands

1 Interview Review

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

First round of the interview I spoke to a very nice HR lady in NY about my work experience and she asked me some questions about if I was familiar with certain technologies. She told me someone else would reach out to schedule an in-person interview. I got the email the next day and the lady who sent it to me included a link with a job description for the position I was interviewing for and it was a software quality assurance internship, an area that I was unfamiliar with and made no indication on my prior phone call that I had experience in that area.

I drove the two hours to their San Francisco office the next week for my in-person interview. When I arrived, the gentleman that interviewed me first actually informed me that I was interviewing for an application developer intern role, meaning the lady who emailed me sent me the incorrect job description. He asked me about my technical background and then asked me a series of basic technical questions. This went on for about 20 minutes and then he left and a different gentleman came in to interview me and seemed rather unprepared. He asked me a bunch of questions about C, which is not my strongest language, and even though the previous interviewer who is a Senior Applications Developer assured me that they strictly code in Java when I asked.

It was all over in 40 minutes. It seemed like a complete waste of time for them to have me drive all the way out there to do what they could have easily done over Skype or something similar.

Interview Questions