IPG Mediabrands Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPG Mediabrands Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at IPG Mediabrands

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from an internal recruiter a week later for an initial phone call. This was a general interest conversation. "Tell me about yourself," "Why are you applying here", that sort of thing.

I then had two more short phone interviews (~15 minutes) with team members I would be working with. Those conversations took place over the next week and a half. I'm coming from a nontraditional route without much of a background in data analytics, so the conversation was more about how I might be able to transition into the role and how my skills can be applied. It was also a good opportunity to learn more about the company and how it operates within the industry.

I went in for an in-person interview about 2 weeks after that. I had four one-on-one interviews back to back to back in the office. Each one lasted about 45 minutes and ranged in topics based on who I was speaking to. Some people were more tech-focused while managerial staff were more focused on behavioral questions. While there were a few basic technical questions, the bulk of the interviews focused on my transition into the industry and how I might fit in with the company. It was a nice conversation, as all the interviewers were friendly and understanding.

The last person in the in-person interview presented me with a case study to work on. The questions were trying to gauge how I might look at and think about some data that they regularly work with. There was nothing overly complex. The questions were on the line of "Tell me what the data is showing you", "What might be limiting this data?", "What additional data would you request in the future to ease the analysis?". It's important to think out loud so that the interviewer hears and understands your thought process during this portion.

A week later, I had one final phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. This one was mostly technical. I spoke with someone in a completely different part of the company. She was not only on a separate team, but in a different city. I'm not sure why she was chosen to interview me or how she is related to the team that I interviewed in person with. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't come from a stats/data background, so the majority of the questions asked here were trying to test for the baseline of stats/data knowledge.

I heard back 2 weeks later on a Thursday. I was initially only given 24 hours to consider the position because they wanted to have someone in the office ASAP, but was able to extend it to over the weekend while I negotiated the salary.

The HR person/internal recruiter was accommodating the whole way. Although she seemed a bit disorganized, she was very friendly and was able to set up all of the interviews and was responsive to all of my emails and questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a reason you might be hesitant to join the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IPG Mediabrands

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

First round phone interview with a team manager, pretty good conversation and then she invited me to an on-site interview. Talked to 4-5 people and the head of the team, he implied I will be hired but in a week after I sent the email, they told me they move forward other candidates

Interview Questions