IPG Mediabrands Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPG Mediabrands Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at IPG Mediabrands

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY).

Interview

I Applied online and then had a phone interview and then went in for an interview at the office in NYC. It was about 3 hours long. It was a really good experience. I have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IPG Mediabrands

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

I applied online through the general application and was contacted a few days later by a recruiter who asked to set up an initial first-step interview. I replied back and did not get a response for almost a full business week. Spent the next few days trying to get in contact with the person or a related employee to show my enthusiasm and qualifications for the position. Got in contact with another person in the department who seemed impressed with my initiative and said they would try and get in touch with the recruiter and would let me know by the end of the day. That person also disappeared on me. Finally got an email later from the original recruiter saying the position had been filled and he had been too busy to get back to me.

I should've taken the hint that it wasn't possible to get the position due to the fact that they posted the internship on the 4th and said the start date was the 6th. Additionally, I should've known I most likely wasn't ever a candidate for the position considering when I finally got in contact with someone, they immediately recognized the position and seemed okay with letting me continue the interview process. it doesn't make sense that the position was filled the very next day if the recruiter was too busy to get back to me. Overall it seems like they already had a candidate or two in mind ready to start on time but they started contacting other applicants just as a safety net.

IPG Mediabrands seems like a really cool company to intern for but their hiring process has been really frustrating for myself, as well as for other associates that I know who have also been left hanging without an answer for weeks. I'm okay with not getting a position, but stringing a qualified and enthusiastic candidate along is something else entirely.

Interview Questions

• Invited for a call but didn't even get to make it to that first step.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Had three interviews with different people and was asked basic interview questions about my experience. Interviewers were nice and did not make me feel nervous. Was interviewed for three different residency positions.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time where you were faced with a difficult task and how did you deal with it ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was simple yet unclear of what direction the process would continue. It was as if I was talking to an automated machine instead of being personable with HR.

Interview Questions

• What led you to IPG Mediabrands?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

Very quick turn around. I applied online and heard back three days later. From there an interview call was set up and then I had an in person interview at one of the companies that is under the branch of IPG Mediabrands. Overall very good internship application experience.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in media planning?   Answer Question
    • What classes or internships have you had to make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question