IPG Mediabrands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPG Mediabrands Interview Questions

Interviews at IPG Mediabrands

2.8

Media Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter and finished a math test. Few days later an HR contacted me for a phone interview but never called and ignored my follow up emails. Waste of my time.

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands in February 2015.

Interview

applied online. Then was contacted by HR for a phone screen. Weeks Later was informed that I will be going in for an in person interview. Interview format was panel by two people from the same team.

Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands in October 2018.

Interview

first there is an exam that you take that was simple enough. It tested the math and analytical skills. Then there's a phone interview where they get to know you. I was then called in for an interview which was like speed dating. 2-5 people interview you for a period of time. That can be a bit intimidating.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2018.

Interview

Straight forward questions re PM roles. Bit strange - had me use Jira in front of them to prove I knew had to use.

Didn't appreciate them NOT validating my parking - had to pay $37 for 2 hours parking.

There was no prior warning how crazy Jersey City traffic or esp. parking was there - give yourself 30 minutes to park and check-in at security who will take a photo for your temp badge.

Didn't accept - $115K for Sr PM role is below standard, esp. for Jersey City where everyone needs to pay for mass transit, costly lunch and/or costly parking.

People & facility seemed nice.

Ad Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

went rather quickly over the course of 2-3 weeks. the overall process was very smooth and was definitely a stress free interview process. if i can give a word of advice it would be not stress too much and prepare to talk about your resume and a bit about your background

Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. The HR rep was ten minutes late and didn't seem prepared for our meeting. When she finally arrived, she seemed annoyed -- what a great rep for the company! Our chat consisted of a series of rapid-fire questions (all about me) that didn't correlate to the position that attracted me. Not a two-way dialogue; I left without learning a single thing about their precise needs or their culture.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose that school?   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

First round of the interview I spoke to a very nice HR lady in NY about my work experience and she asked me some questions about if I was familiar with certain technologies. She told me someone else would reach out to schedule an in-person interview. I got the email the next day and the lady who sent it to me included a link with a job description for the position I was interviewing for and it was a software quality assurance internship, an area that I was unfamiliar with and made no indication on my prior phone call that I had experience in that area.

I drove the two hours to their San Francisco office the next week for my in-person interview. When I arrived, the gentleman that interviewed me first actually informed me that I was interviewing for an application developer intern role, meaning the lady who emailed me sent me the incorrect job description. He asked me about my technical background and then asked me a series of basic technical questions. This went on for about 20 minutes and then he left and a different gentleman came in to interview me and seemed rather unprepared. He asked me a bunch of questions about C, which is not my strongest language, and even though the previous interviewer who is a Senior Applications Developer assured me that they strictly code in Java when I asked.

It was all over in 40 minutes. It seemed like a complete waste of time for them to have me drive all the way out there to do what they could have easily done over Skype or something similar.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

First got an email talking detailing the program and asking questions that you had to fill out. I then got an email for setting up the interview, and the interview took around 30 min to an hour.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied to the New York office online through an employee referral. Had a preliminary phone interview which was mostly informational. The conversation focused on where my interests lie within IPG and some short questions asking what I can bring to the table at IPG. Received an email a week later setting up a skype interview. The interview itself was very straightforward and focused almost entirely on behavioral questions. The interviewer was very friendly and the interview experience was a comfortable one.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 strengths and a couple weaknesses you have?
      What is an achievement you are proud of and why?
      How do you conduct yourself after realizing you made a mistake?
      What is your favorite and least favorite part of working in teams?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

Interview wasn't too hard. Phone interview, then two in person interviews. Most of the questions seemed to be for them to find out how well you will fit with the team. You do need to know some basic terminology