IPG Mediabrands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPG Mediabrands Interview Questions

Interviews at IPG Mediabrands

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

Phone call, in person. Said they would be in touch next week. Haven't heard from them. Followed up, nothing. Seems to be a pattern as other people have said same thing. Very weird and unprofessional. Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• walk us through your background   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands in August 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call was great! Very pleasant conversation. Asked me to keep Friday afternoon free because they wanted to bring me in for an in-person interview. Told me they would solidify a time on Thursday. Thursday evening: no word. Friday morning: no word. I reached out inquiring further and they never responded (and still haven't). Very poor candidate experience, I'm sad to say.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your background.
      How do you go about planning out your day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I spoke with the VP of the team and our conversation went really well. He brought me in for an in person and was very flexible in terms of when he met me - the meeting lasted an hour and a half and included an office tour. He told me I would be moving on to the next round to meet with the rest of the team. I sent him a thank you and a week later a follow up email. He never responded. He still hasn't responded. I think it's rude and misleading the way this person conducts interviews and it looks like others have been fooled by him as well. It's humiliating, demeaning, and rude.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you needed a resume by 9 AM tomorrow and had exhausted linkedin and job boards?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for the role online through LinkedIn, was emailed to set up a phone screen about 2-3 days after. Phone screen was about 30-45 minutes long. Interviewed in person the following day, interview was with 3 managers and lasted a little over an hour. Received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job?
      How do you stay organized?
      Tell me about a typical day at your current job.
      What's the biggest professional challenge you have overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a manager on the team - sounded very nice on the phone and promising. Brought me in for an in person meeting and showed me around the office, implying he wanted to hire me. brought me in for a final round with additional team members and again implied i got the job. emailed him a thank you note - no response. emailed him a week later to follow up - no response. i just think it's rude.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

telephone interview for a background check and knowledge of the position, also questions about former jobs and experiencie in the field. then a month later i had a local 1:1 interview to check if i would fit to the company´s culture , there were no working questions

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. Set up a time to speak a few days later. Took a week to hear back. Then set up a call to speak with the hiring manager. Took another week with a follow up email ignored. A week in between communication is extremely off putting of the company and unprofessional. The livelihood of someone is essentially in your hands and the unresponsiveness paints the company in a negative light. Tell people where they stand in a timely manner so they can move on if needed.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

Interviewed with the main person I was supporting. Went pretty quick and then interview with two other executive assistants and not the other EVP. Got to get the person when was in the role before me.

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of interviews- met with the person who was in the role before me and learned more about the position through them. You really got a sense of the company's goals and culture and what they were looking for.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

First round phone interview with a team manager, pretty good conversation and then she invited me to an on-site interview. Talked to 4-5 people and the head of the team, he implied I will be hired but in a week after I sent the email, they told me they move forward other candidates