IPG Mediabrands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IPG Mediabrands

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from an internal recruiter a week later for an initial phone call. This was a general interest conversation. "Tell me about yourself," "Why are you applying here", that sort of thing.

I then had two more short phone interviews (~15 minutes) with team members I would be working with. Those conversations took place over the next week and a half. I'm coming from a nontraditional route without much of a background in data analytics, so the conversation was more about how I might be able to transition into the role and how my skills can be applied. It was also a good opportunity to learn more about the company and how it operates within the industry.

I went in for an in-person interview about 2 weeks after that. I had four one-on-one interviews back to back to back in the office. Each one lasted about 45 minutes and ranged in topics based on who I was speaking to. Some people were more tech-focused while managerial staff were more focused on behavioral questions. While there were a few basic technical questions, the bulk of the interviews focused on my transition into the industry and how I might fit in with the company. It was a nice conversation, as all the interviewers were friendly and understanding.

The last person in the in-person interview presented me with a case study to work on. The questions were trying to gauge how I might look at and think about some data that they regularly work with. There was nothing overly complex. The questions were on the line of "Tell me what the data is showing you", "What might be limiting this data?", "What additional data would you request in the future to ease the analysis?". It's important to think out loud so that the interviewer hears and understands your thought process during this portion.

A week later, I had one final phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. This one was mostly technical. I spoke with someone in a completely different part of the company. She was not only on a separate team, but in a different city. I'm not sure why she was chosen to interview me or how she is related to the team that I interviewed in person with. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't come from a stats/data background, so the majority of the questions asked here were trying to test for the baseline of stats/data knowledge.

I heard back 2 weeks later on a Thursday. I was initially only given 24 hours to consider the position because they wanted to have someone in the office ASAP, but was able to extend it to over the weekend while I negotiated the salary.

The HR person/internal recruiter was accommodating the whole way. Although she seemed a bit disorganized, she was very friendly and was able to set up all of the interviews and was responsive to all of my emails and questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a reason you might be hesitant to join the company.   Answer Question

VP Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands in April 2017.

Interview

IPG had a very coordinated interview process which allowed for a good discussion of both the expectations of the job as well as the hiring manager. The coordinator had several levels (Both above and below position) to speak with and get a better understanding of the job requirements.

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY).

Interview

I first was contacted and asked to take a pre-questionnaire and math assessment to complete within 48 hours. After doing so, I was contacted to have a phone screening which lasted about a half hour. It was very typical nothing too difficult. From there, they bring you in for an in person interview with two different people and show you around the office.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in media specifically with IPG Mediabrands? Do you have experience with working in Excel?   Answer Question

Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted an extensive application to an internship program that I was accepted into. After that, I was then put into a pool of applicants and was reached out to by a talent recruiter from IPG mediabrands. We had a thirty minute phone interview and I heard back via email that a position was available for me a few days later.

Client Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Spoke with hiring manager and ask about my skills and what I knew about the company. Really basic interview for semi-entry level job. Spoke about my experiences and skill set.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very comprehensive and they did a very thorough job of getting to know my background and personality. I came in to the see the ad tech group several times before I was told that they went in another direction.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want this position? Why are you better than other candidates? Why should we hire you? What would your plan be 30, 60, 90 days from starting?   Answer Question

Human Resources Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

Was scheduled for a phone interview and after 30 minutes of waiting for a call, I emailed asking if they would like to reschedule. 50 minutes after the initial interview time I received a call asking if I could do 9am the next morning. I agreed and was prepared for a 9am interview. By 9:30am when they had not called, I sent a follow up email asking again if they wanted to reschedule. No email response was received.

Junior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

Between each interview, the process went pretty fast. You started with a phone interview with the talent acquisition, then in-person you saw two people back-to-back and in the final interview you met with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your experiences? Give me an example of a time you took on too much and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Advanced Analytics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Chicago, IL) in November 2018.

Interview

the manager came across my linked profile and schedule a phone interview. He asked me lots of technical questions especially about data cleaning and process. Most of the questions are about my resume. It was very detailed.

Programmatic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview first and then went in for an on-site interview. Everyone I spoke to at the on-site interview was nice, helpful and overall great to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What kind of blog or website do you check out for the lastest marketing trends?   Answer Question