IPG Mediabrands Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPG Mediabrands Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IPG Mediabrands

1 Interview Review

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IPG Mediabrands.

Interview

I had the most terrible interview experience in years. The interviewer, who is a very senior leader of the company, show no competency interviewing candidates at all. For example, he insisted the technical coding has to be done in Java, showing this newbie know nothing beside Java, neither did this dinosaur has any capability of understanding other technology except the two that he familiar with. And when I was asked to start with a simple solution, he interrupted me on every single step along the way, because apparently he ignorance prevented him from understanding the simple way to explore the answer of a solution. And the interviewer also being a jerk and asked me to diagnose a technical problem without using special tool, when I was halfway answering the question, he interrupted me asked me why don't I use this or that, which falls into the category of the special tool he didn't want me to begin with, I reminded him I was asked to not to use a tool to begin with, and he went silent and move on to the next question. In summary, the interviewer is extremely unprofessional, abusive and paranoid. You can imagine what type of nightmare will be waiting for you if you joined his engineering team. Do not interview here or you'll be guaranteed to be in a terrible environment.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any more questions?   1 Answer