IPG Photonics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPG Photonics Interview Questions

3.5

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Oxford, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process began with a Skype interview that was just a quick chat to see if I was a good fit for the position. After this, an in-person interview was scheduled. The people at IPG Photonics were very accommodating during my in-person interview and really tried to make me feel comfortable. The interview consisted of engineering questions, personal life questions, critical thinking questions, and more.The in-person interview took three hours, due in part to the fact that I interviewed with three different engineers, one at a time. This was great for creating a clear picture of what working at the company was like, but it was also time consuming. There was also a Solidworks test during the interview that was a timed challenge.

Interview Questions

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Oxford, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview went really well, References to be checked. I guess I wasted my time. I give up! What is going on here? I could go on but what is the point of interviewing someone if they are only going to turn them down becuase they are overqualified. They knew that before we went in the interview room. This is dumb. Some of us are definitely over qualified for any position. That just means companies leave the best of us on the shelf. This is dumb thinking.

Interview Questions