IPG Photonics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPG Photonics Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.7

Interview

Easy applied online and it took a month to get a call back. Very easy interview, mostly STAR method. I interviewed with each department and get a call back from 2.

Interview Questions

• why do you like Mechanical engineering?   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Istanbul (Turkey)) in January 2014.

Interview

Nothing special. They have poor HR people with no intend of explaining your job or the condition of firm properly. Bosses keeps their ego upon everything even in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience for leading non-educated workers?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Oxford, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Received interview for an academic-year internship without applying. Had a phone interview to schedule a time and had a 1 hour interview. No one from engineering showed so they had two guys from the assembly floor interview me. HR asked for a second phone interview to meet with engineers, I declined since I was home for break, yet the next day I had an offer. Few months later my boss admitted he hired me without evening asking the two guys who interviewed me what they thought.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Albany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview/ screening to move onto the next step of the interview process. A future skype/ in person interview would be scheduled. I was told that I should be hearing back from them a week after the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my past educational experiences and why I decided to go right into the PhD program after I received my masters.   1 Answer
    • What were my long term aspirations?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Oxford, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process began with a Skype interview that was just a quick chat to see if I was a good fit for the position. After this, an in-person interview was scheduled. The people at IPG Photonics were very accommodating during my in-person interview and really tried to make me feel comfortable. The interview consisted of engineering questions, personal life questions, critical thinking questions, and more.The in-person interview took three hours, due in part to the fact that I interviewed with three different engineers, one at a time. This was great for creating a clear picture of what working at the company was like, but it was also time consuming. There was also a Solidworks test during the interview that was a timed challenge.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Oxford, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

brief and to the point. Human resources and my eventual manager met in a conference room and each asked me questions. They then gave me a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, where have you worked, what experience do you have with...etc.   Answer Question

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Oxford, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview went really well, References to be checked. I guess I wasted my time. I give up! What is going on here? I could go on but what is the point of interviewing someone if they are only going to turn them down becuase they are overqualified. They knew that before we went in the interview room. This is dumb. Some of us are definitely over qualified for any position. That just means companies leave the best of us on the shelf. This is dumb thinking.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fryazino, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Fryazino, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview in R&D department consists of two parts.
    In the the first part applicant should show his/her scientific achievements in the IPG`s field of research and prove his/her ability to create (in the future) innovatine device on the basis of research data. Frequently, there is only theoretical research data, so applicant should be able to carry out fast, but intensive, experimental investigation.
    In the second part applicant should show his/her qualification in ingeneering and prove, that he/she can make a prototype on the basis of terms of reference.

Interview Questions

• Technical specification of most used instruments.   Answer Question
    • How to distinguish Yb fiber laser (1064 nm) from, for example, solid state Nd:YAG laser only on the basis of their emission.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don`t worry, because interview process in this company doesn`t stress you.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IPG Photonics (Oxford, MA) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by HR regarding the position I applied to online. This was followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. A week later I was flown in to interview for the position. The interview was very standard; I sat in a conference room all day as various members of the engineering team interviewed me. The final interview was with the VP of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• What is your design experience with digital devices?   1 Answer
    • Describe project experience.   1 Answer

Salary offered was less than my current position.