IPsoft Automation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPsoft Automation Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IPsoft

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPsoft (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a 3rd party website (Dice.com) and had a phone interview a couple days later with the HR guy. He asked a list of technical questions (~30 questions) that covered a lot of different technical subjects (object-oriented programming, networking, and system admin stuff). Honestly I am not sure if I answered half of them correctly, most of them I did not know. But he says that it's fine if you don't know some of them. Afterwards he said most likely the team will want to bring me in for an interview (this was on the same initial phone interview). I came in for an in-person interview the next week. I was asked a basic SQL question, a little bit of flow control (if-else), and how to traverse through a list (for loop) which is all pretty basic stuff. I thought it was a good easy-going interview. If you're given a tour of the office, that's a good indication you probably are going to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you query for finding books by the author name?
    What's the difference between null and unknown?
    Bunch of system admin questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a certain number, and they offered a little less and asked me where I got my numbers from. They stuck to their offer.

Other Interview Reviews for IPsoft

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPsoft (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

After talking to HR there was phone screening with a guy thats asked questions about bash. And that was OK.

The second stage was some absurd skype interview. It lasted for 2 hours and 2 technical questions were asked for entire time. They asked me "What I'm famous for in my current company" and "What I do in my spare time". Stuff like that. Looks like they need some sales manager not and engineer.

It was a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• A guy from first stage asked questions about bash. There were questions like "what is $? in bash".   1 Answer

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPsoft (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2018.

Interview

Initial Phone screening and on site interview, again phone screening with Director...
    Initial phone screening was with an engineer regarding Linux commands and internals. They asked how to carry out specific tasks in python.