IPsoft Help Desk Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at IPsoft

4.0

Help Desk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

This was by far the hardest interview I've ever been on. It was much recommended that you look up on what they are about and the technologies that they are working on before heading into the interview. They were hiring a Help Desk Engineer to assist with their new technology called Amelia. I applied online and within a day received a phone screening that lasted about 10 minutes. I received an email back about 1 day later stating they wanted to interview me. I had to reschedule later on, but was able to get one 2 days after it was initially scheduled. The waiting area has a fantastic view of the New York Harbor and the Statue of Liberty. I was actually mesmorized and had to take some pictures before I left. But aside from that, the receptionist walked me over to a conference room. I waited about 15 minutes for the recruiter to come out and greet me and give me an overview of the job. He left and I waited another 10 minutes for the actual person to interview me. He was very very intense. Poker face the whole time, spoke very fast, was super advanced technical with his questions. I barely answered any of the questions, otherwise it was an "I don't know" or "Never had experience with that." The job entails a lot of command prompt and powerscript knowledge. Half way through the interview I just wanted to leave and get home but I stuck it out all the way to the end. The recruiter came back and I let him know the interview did not go so great. He looked dissapointed but understood.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IPsoft

Help Desk Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY).

Interview

Found the job posting on LinkedIn. Responded to it, and 2 days later had a phone screen with the HR recruiter. Had a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager a week after initial submission. Hiring manager was a little intense, but interview was nothing crazy or unbearable. Was asked for my references the next day, and knew I was going to get the role.

Interview Questions

• Manager asked a lot of vague or open ended questions, to see how you troubleshoot certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to get them to highest amount possible for the role. It was still below my previous pay, but being unemployed, I didn't have much room for leverage.