IPsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPsoft Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

PMO Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IPsoft.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn regarding two positions; I got through three rounds of phone screens for the first before being rejected based on lack of client-facing experience (understandable I guess). The recruiter called me back and told me about this rejection and then set up an interview for the second position in-person at the Austin location. I arrived at the interview on time and was led to a conference room. One of the three interviewers decided to skip the interview and I was told "we didn't even know you were coming in today" - a great way to start an interview! The two interviewers who did bother to show up asked highly technical and very specific questions about a job I had done four years ago, and very few specific questions about my most recent experience (I suspect they just scanned my resume and asked questions about things they knew about). My CV very clearly stated that my last experience with Agile was four years prior, but these guys asked about "how many features I finished" with each sprint (and other highly specific questions that any normal person just wouldn't remember). Safe to say I wasn't able to answer these questions sufficiently. Once this weakness was discovered they hammered away on it. They had me whiteboarding the entire systems architecture I currently work on (not very normal as sometimes this is proprietary info), and during the whole experience I felt as if I was being judged and quietly insulted with each question. I almost walked out more than once.

No response from the recruiter since (not surprising) - but given the treatment at this interview I would not want to work here anyway.

Interview Questions

• How many features did you finish with each sprint?   1 Answer

User Experience/UI Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The onsite interview process was absurd, long and it was not focused on design. The Design Lead didn't ask relevant questions about my design process, no portfolio review, nothing. I was interviewed for 6 people during almost 4 hours, no water, all of them making absurd questions except two of them that made some interesting points about work there. Random people showed up to interview. There was a guy of sales that it was very rude and asked me personal questions. This was a RED flag to me.

One week later of this atrocious experience, I received an email from the HR associate telling me that they finally were looking for a Visual Designer, something which it is not true because they are still publishing the position everywhere, but they are incapable of having common sense, so many problems in the recruitment process, they don't know how to interact with candidates.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at IPsoft (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very straight-forward process, though it took several weeks. I was given a lot of information about the job and company and didn't get asked any trick questions. I had 2 interviews, first meeting with HR generalist then the VP.

Interview Questions

• How does your past work experience relate to this role?   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Sourced and contacted by an internal recruiter from IPSoft. Position was explained, despite that it didn't completely align to my background. Very friendly phone interview, followed by a second phone interview with someone else from the organization that didn't seem very connected to the process. An onsite interview was scheduled within several days.

Onsite interview seemed as if they were trying to organize several concurrent interviews for a variety of positions with individuals and were focused on just getting people through a process. Was to have met with 4 people, this became 3, two of whom were late for their meeting times because of, in their words, "fire drills". Promise following that there would be feedback within 3 days, this became over a week and they appeared to not want to deliver timely updates or bad news. The internal recruiter kept stressing how busy they were with hiring activity.

It would be preferable and leave a better impression if their teams followed through with their commitments for status and a decision versus radio silence. It doesn't engender a great impression, and frankly made me checked-out of the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview was more focused on background and relationship questions than any specific questions that challenged knowledge. No true behavioral questions nor any situational questions, so it would have been difficult to derive an objective assessment of the candidate.   1 Answer

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

HR reached out to me from LinkedIn to see if I am looking for another opportunity, they did a brief presentation over the phone about the company and a little bit about the position, I was scheduled with a Phone Interview which was only 30 minutes long, Consisted of getting to know me and my experience and asking any questions about the position. I then was forwarded to in person interview (I was notified of the in person interview in less than 24 hours) The in person interview was nice. I met with HR for a little bit and then had my official interview. The official interview was very easy, He didn't have many questions for me, as he wanted to know my questions and explain better what his immediate need was for this position which would be a variety of tasks.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer Litigation or Corporate law?   1 Answer

Weblogic Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Great HR team -- very professional, responsive and strong communication. Made the interview process go quickly. I didn't receive an offer but I still had a positive experience with the interview process.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Consisted of 5 rounds of interviews, including initial HR screen, extended technical phone interview, two separate 1:1 on-site technical interviews with other engineers and a final interview with the manager. Each round is around 40-minutes to an hour long. Everyone was friendly. They ask for paperwork with references and a projected salary range that's also discussed at the onset.

As I progressed through each round to the final interview I fully believed I was going to land an offer. I was given an office tour and met potential colleagues/peers after the first round of on-site interviews. During and after the final on-site interview (with a manager) I was consistently spoken to in terms of how I would contribute to the team and fit in and how I'd do extremely well in the position.

Two nerve-wracking days later and at the end of the week I fully expected a phone call with an offer, instead I received a last-minute generic form-letter rejection via email. I was blindsided to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Explain what Java runtime SDK is in the most simple of terms you can. Give the differences between two separate run levels.   Answer Question
    • Walk through a nested Java looping function and explain if it will fail or succeed based on what's presented.   Answer Question
    • Explain an algorithm you would use to randomize the appearance of 1's and 0's in an n-dimensional array. Then, explain how you might approach solving for unknowns as per your own strategy.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

multiple discussions with outside retained recruitment. then a sales person who was very late and limited. They should not provide a sales person up front. Should have been the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• do i know someone? Yes, i do. I am interviewing him too for the same role.   1 Answer

Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a request for a phone interview on the same day. Scheduled an interview with the dept heads the following week. No tricky questions. It's all about you and your experiences. A tour was provided after--impressive office.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by 3 people who sounded like great people to work for. Very welcoming. They focus a lot on bgp and troubleshooting. I would join thei company as I think there is a lot to learn and this is the place to learn.