IPsoft Linux Systems Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

0.0

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager refused to entertain an interview unless I revealed my current and prior salaries. There was no budging whatsoever on that condition, and failing that, I was not considered. I strongly encouraged her to reassess that approach, but instead I was told, "That’s not how we do things here, in looking at salary we take into account a)where your level of experience falls in relation to other members of the team with similar skill sets, and b)where you currently stand with compensation as to make a reasonable increase. Good luck in your search."

Companies in-the-know determine if the candidate is worth further discussion based on screening interviews, even just one, and from there can use any of several algorithmic methods to determine an appropriate salary offer.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions were asked; the sole exposure was to the hiring manager who insisted on a prior salary.   Answer Question