IPsoft Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

User Experience/UI Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The onsite interview process was absurd, long and it was not focused on design. The Design Lead didn't ask relevant questions about my design process, no portfolio review, nothing. I was interviewed for 6 people during almost 4 hours, no water, all of them making absurd questions except two of them that made some interesting points about work there. Random people showed up to interview. There was a guy of sales that it was very rude and asked me personal questions. This was a RED flag to me.

One week later of this atrocious experience, I received an email from the HR associate telling me that they finally were looking for a Visual Designer, something which it is not true because they are still publishing the position everywhere, but they are incapable of having common sense, so many problems in the recruitment process, they don't know how to interact with candidates.

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Sourced and contacted by an internal recruiter from IPSoft. Position was explained, despite that it didn't completely align to my background. Very friendly phone interview, followed by a second phone interview with someone else from the organization that didn't seem very connected to the process. An onsite interview was scheduled within several days.

Onsite interview seemed as if they were trying to organize several concurrent interviews for a variety of positions with individuals and were focused on just getting people through a process. Was to have met with 4 people, this became 3, two of whom were late for their meeting times because of, in their words, "fire drills". Promise following that there would be feedback within 3 days, this became over a week and they appeared to not want to deliver timely updates or bad news. The internal recruiter kept stressing how busy they were with hiring activity.

It would be preferable and leave a better impression if their teams followed through with their commitments for status and a decision versus radio silence. It doesn't engender a great impression, and frankly made me checked-out of the process.

Interview Questions

• Interview was more focused on background and relationship questions than any specific questions that challenged knowledge. No true behavioral questions nor any situational questions, so it would have been difficult to derive an objective assessment of the candidate.   1 Answer

Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

HR reached out to me from LinkedIn to see if I am looking for another opportunity, they did a brief presentation over the phone about the company and a little bit about the position, I was scheduled with a Phone Interview which was only 30 minutes long, Consisted of getting to know me and my experience and asking any questions about the position. I then was forwarded to in person interview (I was notified of the in person interview in less than 24 hours) The in person interview was nice. I met with HR for a little bit and then had my official interview. The official interview was very easy, He didn't have many questions for me, as he wanted to know my questions and explain better what his immediate need was for this position which would be a variety of tasks.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer Litigation or Corporate law?   1 Answer

Weblogic Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Great HR team -- very professional, responsive and strong communication. Made the interview process go quickly. I didn't receive an offer but I still had a positive experience with the interview process.

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Consisted of 5 rounds of interviews, including initial HR screen, extended technical phone interview, two separate 1:1 on-site technical interviews with other engineers and a final interview with the manager. Each round is around 40-minutes to an hour long. Everyone was friendly. They ask for paperwork with references and a projected salary range that's also discussed at the onset.

As I progressed through each round to the final interview I fully believed I was going to land an offer. I was given an office tour and met potential colleagues/peers after the first round of on-site interviews. During and after the final on-site interview (with a manager) I was consistently spoken to in terms of how I would contribute to the team and fit in and how I'd do extremely well in the position.

Two nerve-wracking days later and at the end of the week I fully expected a phone call with an offer, instead I received a last-minute generic form-letter rejection via email. I was blindsided to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Explain what Java runtime SDK is in the most simple of terms you can. Give the differences between two separate run levels.   Answer Question
    • Walk through a nested Java looping function and explain if it will fail or succeed based on what's presented.   Answer Question
    • Explain an algorithm you would use to randomize the appearance of 1's and 0's in an n-dimensional array. Then, explain how you might approach solving for unknowns as per your own strategy.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

multiple discussions with outside retained recruitment. then a sales person who was very late and limited. They should not provide a sales person up front. Should have been the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• do i know someone? Yes, i do. I am interviewing him too for the same role.   1 Answer

Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a request for a phone interview on the same day. Scheduled an interview with the dept heads the following week. No tricky questions. It's all about you and your experiences. A tour was provided after--impressive office.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by 3 people who sounded like great people to work for. Very welcoming. They focus a lot on bgp and troubleshooting. I would join thei company as I think there is a lot to learn and this is the place to learn.

Cognitive Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview #1 waited forty-minutes for IPSoft to call, eventually they rescheduled.

Rescheduled Phone Interview #1: Scheduled time came and went and I did not receive a call until about two hours later.

Phone Interview #3: IPSoft cancelled the interview with a few hours notice

Rescheduled Phone Interview #3: IPSoft never called. Next day i received an email to reschedule for later date.

2nd Rescheduled Phone Interivew #3: IPSoft never called.

complete waste of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I connected hr at linkedin and soon got a phone call. After that, there would be an online assessment, which was simple. Then I was scheduled an 3-hour interview at Ipsoft. The onsite interview process only takes 1 hour. I was told schedule need to be changed, they would touch me again in next two days. But then there is no reply from them. 1 week later, I was rejected. I feel unhappy not because I didn't pass the interview, but incomplete process. The interview process from onsite is horrible and shows no respect. The interview itself is not difficult but contains many aspects. They will test you some basic java programming and java knowledge. There is no need to prepare for algorithm.

Interview Questions

• HTTP code. My advice is that you pretend to know little about it. Because unless you list all, they will ask you until you can't answer.   Answer Question
    • something about iterator   Answer Question