IPsoft Senior Windows Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Senior Windows Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IPsoft (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial phone call from recruitment personnel in HR (Dustin). Moving forward to interview with engineers (over the phone) to discuss your skill set and finally a face to face interview with your local operations manager to judge your personality and ability to work with other team members. Once all those test were passed I was back to talk to HR who was once again late. I come from and am still very happy with my current work from home situation. Dustin made me reflect and look at my situation and how I could and would benefit from moving beyond the comfortable position that I have with my employer so I pursued the position he put in front of me. In the beginning I explained certain objectives and that I was not interested in wasting anyone's time but in the end that is exactly what happened. Dustin rescheduled my interview which required me to take time off my current job to do then after I passed all their tasks they became late for a Skype session, yes I said a Skype session. Their days are so involved that they can't make a 1:15 EST Skype session on time. He called me to tell me things were running behind and while I appreciate that, I am still operating as a systems support engineer and have my own calendar to deal with. Ultimately IPsoft found it upsetting that I would say they were unprofessional after rescheduling not only my face to face interview which cost me commute fare but also my Skype session and both times I was ready and IPsoft was not. In the end I must say that coming from a situation where I am trying to reach my corporate by phone all the time (WFH) all I can say is I didn't see much of a change trying to reach IPsoft corporate if needed. They must be busy if they are unable to catch a :15 minute appointment. The schedule might be a little to tight for this company. In the end I found my time and money to be wasted after I explicitly requested we not do that. Save yourself the hassle if you have a nice job already.

My advice to HR: Let your operation managers and other engineers tell you who they want on their team because after the initial offer and benefits package you are no longer relevant to the success of the company but the way you object and act currently you are certainly going to be an object of failure for IPsoft. Not all candidates are at your mercy and people like me have other tasks for their current employer to manage. You may have just passed up a great opportunity for IPsoft because you didn't want to hear constructive criticism from a potential employee. Everyone has something to bring to the table and you should be understanding of that more than anyone given your role and positions at the company.

Interview Questions

• When face to face be prepared to discuss your management experiences good and bad with your previous employers. Nothing wrong with that but just know you will be asked.   Answer Question