IPsoft Service Desk Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IPsoft Service Desk Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IPsoft

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IPsoft (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

First received an email from a recruiter. Emailed my rssume and received a call back almost instantly. From there, a technical prescreen followed by a face to face interview with the service desk manager and the global director of operations. Total face to face time was about an hour. Phone call was no longer than 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• General Technical Knowledge. They do not want you to bs. If you dont know an answer, dont be afraid to say you dont, but also throw in that you would goggle it to find the answer. They want to knkw you are self-sufficient since there is no training.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Salary was set in stone before interview.

Other Interview Reviews for IPsoft

Service Desk Engineer Interview

Interview

A phone screening will first be conducted. The recruiter would first email a candidate worksheet and company background overview. During the pre-screen, recruiter would ask few questions relating to AD, VPN and TCP/IP. They seek the answer in as much detail as possible. STEP BY STEP procedure should be provided as your answer.

Interview Questions

• In a Domain/Server environment, if an user gets an inactive error message when trying to logon, how do you reactivate the user account. Please provide step to step instruction   Answer Question

Service Desk Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IPsoft in April 2014.

Interview

New York office will call with a quick phone screen (not much technical on this call), followed by a sit down in the Austin office. The group I interviewed with were polite and interested in my past experience. The second half of my interview didn't take place since management was putting out a fire with a customer. I got a second call for a Telephony position which went nowhere once they knew I interviewed for the service desk a couple weeks prior.

Interview Questions

• The following topics were covered:

- A few questions on routing protocols (BGP,OSPF)
      - VTP
      - STP... unfortunately the guy (a lead from the support team) asking questions didn't know how a root bridge was selected.
      - basic Linux commands   Answer Question