IQVIA Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Pharmaceutical Sales Representative

IQVIA Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at IQVIA

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IQVIA in August 2013.

Interview

Panel Interview with two Sanofi Managers, one of them the manager for the territory I was being interviewed for. Met at a hotel in New Jersey. Went over my resume, sales skills and familiarity with the territory. STAR interview type questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate as there was a set salary ceiling for the position as a CSO. This was for a position with Sanofi.

Other Interview Reviews for IQVIA

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IQVIA (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was screened on the phone and then interviewed in person. I was then sent to the District Manager and the final interview was with the Regional Manager. I then had a background check and drug test. I was then contacted by the manager and started my home training.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA.

Interview

First was a phone interview. This was followed by a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. After that, candidates were selected to interview with both the Quintiles manager and the manager from the company with whom the position is being contracted. After that, it was the next day or so to hear back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember the most difficult question. Definitely be able to answer why you want the position and do your research on the company with whom the contract will be partnering. Make sure to have documentation of your successes.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA in December 2014.

Interview

Was referred in 4 months ago. Applied on in November. Got an email setting up a phone interview three weeks later. Face to face interview four days later, and a final interview three days later. Got an offer next day. Moved really quickly, very straightforward communication.

They gave me a chance to prove myself, and answered any questions I had in-depth.

Interview Questions

• If you had to write a book named "Sales 101", what would the titles of the 5 chapters be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because of my minimal experience.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Interview

1. Phone Interview followed by a online screening.
    2. interview with the recrutier
    3. Final interview with the company's district manager

Overall it was about a month long process. I did not get the job, but overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Not very unexpected questions. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter about two weeks after applying through an employee referral. After initial phone screening to find out more about your background and resume, I was moved forward to the second round of interviews. The second round of interviews consisted of two separate interviews--the first with the regional manager of Quintiles that lasted about an hour and the second one was with the regional sales director of Takeda (since this was the company Quintiles is partnering under this contract), that lasted about 30 mins. They do not like to waste time, so I heard back from them the next day with the results.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions (i.e. Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker, Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to view your opinion or change their mind). Also what is your greatest strength and weakness, as well as why you want to be in pharmaceutical sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, there is already a set base salary.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IQVIA.

Interview

Applied online, received call from recruiter phone interview, inventory assessment, and face to face. face to face very comfortable format one on one. All the basic interview quesitons going over your experience and behavioral questions. Use prior experience from my back ground in sales to answer questions.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IQVIA.

Interview

Was a very quick process. Contacted a little less than 2 weeks after application.
    Initial interview on the phone, followed by a basic online assessment
    Got emailed like a week and half later for round 2 interview
    Round 2 interview in person - basic behavioral questions, laid back, nothing out of the ordinary
    Got called 1.5 weeks later for final round interview
    Final interview with DSM, pretty much same questions, behavioral.

It was an average interview process, and good interview practice. The other candidate had much more sales experience than my fresh out of college self.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IQVIA (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

After applying online, I was initially contacted by a recruiter who conducted an initial phone interview which was more of a "get to know you and your experiences" conversation. I was contacted several days later to schedule a third party over-the-phone assessment. I was able to schedule and complete the assessment within 2 or 3 days. The assessment, in my opinion, was fairly easy. However, they don't give you any feedback, they just tell you to wait until you receive a return call from the recruiter. The person on the phone asks 5 or 6 situational sales questions to determine your sales abilities and responses to various common selling challenges. The recruiter called back within several days of the assessment and scheduled an interview with the hiring territory's District Manager. I was given the impression that they were trying to complete the hiring process as quickly as possible. I later learned that the hiring needed to be completed as there was a new hire training class starting the following month. My interview with the District Manager was everything I had expected with one exception: at the end of the interview the manager tried very hard to discourage me as he wanted to see how hard I would sell myself for the position. Otherwise, the manager was very good at creating a less stressful environment for the structured interview process he was asked to follow. The manager asked a set of very specific pre-planned questions and asked that I respond utilizing the STAR method. I was contacted about one week later by the District Manager and offered the position. The total hiring process took 2 - 3 weeks max and my start date fell within a month of my initial application.

Interview Questions

• Share with me an experience you had when you were unable to answer a customer's question or resolve the customer's concern.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was new to the industry and I was told early on in the interview process that the position would be filled at a specific rate. I was pleased to learn that in the offer interview the Manager exceeded my previous expectations.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IQVIA in August 2014.

Interview

I had my first interview with a Quintiles rep and it was very down to earth. I had a employee referral from the inside company Quintiles was working with so it was very informal. But once I had my second interview with the pharma company it was very intense and with a panel.